Saturday, October 19, 2013

Last Day.

Yesterday, was the last day of the submission for PBA draft that will happen on November 3. Meaning that the graduating players from different universities may fullfil their dream on joining PBA (Philippine Basketball Association), have a good income, playing with or against their idols and to play what they really love, basketball.

Out of the blue, I checked twitter (I do this a lot but its was different than usual...) just to read news happening around then there was this tweet saying that Terrence Romeo will pass an application and then I freaked out as well as my friends as I broke the news.

As a Tamaraw and as a Terrence Bill fan, I was heart broken, I want to cry, I want to ask WHY, possible scenarios pop up on my head, and there was the broken promises.

At first it was unacceptable but at the end, we just have to accept and mostly respect his decision. An article said that if he will stay in the collegiate division, there's a possibilities that he will enter the PBA by 2015 since next year, PBA draft will be back to its original month which is August (why was it November this year???? D: ) and UAAP is on-going by then so graduating players will not be able to join it and they can join by 2015 and that's the case of Terrence Romeo as well as LA Revilla who I assume I read right that he was the last applicant for the draft.

Hours passed by and sources said that Terrence Romeo still have until 5PM then by 3PM, someone confirmed that he passed an application 5min ago. I was broken by the news and I just can't imagine UAAP without him next season but I'm happy that we watched several games this season not knowing that this will also be the last season that we will see Terrence playing for FEU.    

Then there was the partial list with 75 names listed and seriously, my mood changes as I saw the name of Christopher 'Ping' Exciminiano. Yahoooo!!! I'm happy for Ping and I also read good comments on how he improved since he left the FEU team and even we didn't watched PBA D-League for months, I saw article/s that he really improved by scoring 20+ points on a game? Wow. I wish we knew him before season 74, such a good guy.

We do not know what was Terrence huge reason to left the collegiate division but all we can do is respect him, his decision whatever it was.

I asked Gem if it is possible if you weren't pick then just go back to the collegiate but I think I don't need an answer to that. He is Terrence Bill Romeo, UAAP S76 MVP, a scorer, a baller, scored 83 freaking points in his high school career, got a Rookie Award when he entered the collegiate division, scored 30+ points in 3 games and a consistent 20+ points in most games. Terrence Bill Romeo.

I still want to see him play for FEU for his final year and also to experience a championship and bring that championship back to Morayta in his college journey but.....

I know Mike, Carl, Belo, Pogoy, Achie, etc are still there, Russel Escoto will be back, we have a bunch of guys from FEU Fern who I believe are tough since I watched when they won that championship last year, we still have Coach Nash (the coolest coach ever)... We still believe.

Terrence Bill Romeo,

I hope that you don't regret this decision, I know that no matter what happen you will be picked ASAP.

Thank you for bringing some noise to the UAAP. Maturity will come in your way and I was hoping that you will gain that in UAAP but you have decided and hopefully you can handle situation in a way that it should be handled.

Gem wished that you will be team mates with RR and Ping so our tickets will not be so expensive. HAHAHA.

Wishing you all the best and PBA is way more different than UAAP so be a good boy.

Maturity, attitude and pass the ball if needed.

If you want to consult us don't be shy to contact me and we will give you advice from our very honest opinion from a different point of view and a little bit outside the box. HAHA (no joke we're serious)




We will miss you and thank you bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment