Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Manic Panic or Punky Colour

How can I start this ....

 A little introduction, Manic Panic and Punky Colour are semi permanent hair dye but at the same time its cruelty free not tested on animals.

If you read my post about my Hair Dye-ary you know that I used Manic Panic on my first real hair dye late last year with Hot Hot Pink then so on and so forth, my cousins want to dye their hair this summer so they got to choose what color they want, Alaine really want to have a blue one and Rockabilly Blue is the perfect one and Apples want to have a purple but I did have a problem on getting the shade that she wanted and there are only limited available at Funky Streaks. There are purple available but its not Manic Panic, its under the unfamiliar product called Punky Colour by Jerome Russell. I check it on the internet and says its also something like Manic Panic but still different...

Let me start with Manic Panic then Punky Colour ...

Manic Panic : Rockabilly Blue 

Since Manic Panic is so popular in the states and some famous celebrities have tried it, I don't have problem on ordering this product but at the end its the color you choose

Manic Panic:
  • even you applied a little amount you'll see the result asap and you just have to distribute it properly 
  • this doesn't smell good but my Hot Hot Pink does ... 
  • every wash, you'll see that it does wash out some colors but still bright after 
  • when I tried this, I got stained one of my white shirt when I was sweating on a hot hot day and I didn't experienced that with the pink one... I don't know why
  • based on my hair that was bleached after a month and a week, it's still somehow bright blue
  • I also like how Manic Panic fades ... the result of fading is something I like even though it doesn't good with the eyes of every people out there. lol (take note of the word 'I')
  • I always make sure that I don't use a jar of it since I'm always just doing some part on my hair 
  • maybe you will just emptied one jar when you are coloring your whole hair
  • a jar is 118ml
Punky Colour : Purple

I was hesitant to order this but since I researched about this I didn't think twice to try it and it's the best shade of purple that Apples wanted and its available.

Punky Colour
  • First comment first, this smells so good!!!! as in this smells grape and it will stay with you maybe after 2-3 wash before the smells fade away. I also watched this one video on youtube and the little girl said that the pink one smells like bubble gum
  • It also fade so good, since I applied this to my cousin and it became light pink when fading
  • the good thing about this is, it doesn't fade fast like Manic Panic 
  • a jar is 103.5 ml , smaller than the Manic Panic
  • the only thing that I notice was you can almost used everything in here because you need to apply as many as you can or else it will not be distributed properly
  • its more creamy that Manic Panic, that's why you need to apply as many as you can.

I don't know what to say anymore, I love both products and maybe next time I will order a Punky Colour for myself but I still have an Electric Banana from Manic Panic but I'm thinking of Electric Lizard next time because I don't like dark shades because it looks like black at night ... 

Anyways, I don't know if this helps but hopefully it is and there's nothing wrong on trying both just be sure you know what are you doing.. :) 

If you are from the country where its sunny everyday except for the monsoon aka Philippines, you can order at Funky Streaks


"I don't think of my hair as a social experiment, I just think of it as a me-experiment" 
- Hayley Williams [Paramore]


4 comments:

  1. I'm dying to try Punky. I read a lot of great reviews except for one thing: it stains and bleeds like hell. How was your experience about the staining? I've read that Punky's colors are vibrant and doesn't fade fast compared to other products, but I'm iffy to try it because of the staining and bleeding.

    Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! When I did my blue-violet (http://aeivrynrv.blogspot.com/2013/04/hair-dye-ary-blue-violet.html), I didn't experience bleeding/staining with Punky and I was surprised that it was the Manic Panic stained when I wore white shirt. I haven't tried another Punky maybe this year but I recommend it, smells good and stay longer. you can check my cousin's faded hair (http://byaeivrynrv.tumblr.com/image/53516482788).

      Let me know if you have tried it and if you have more questions :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. hi love manic panic but havent used it like this before, do you think one jar is enough for shoulder length hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but I don't think one jar is enough for that long, maybe two :)

      Delete