Friday, October 11, 2013

Flashback Friday . Camera

Since I'm falling in love with photography every single day (unfortunately, no time to shoot once in a while.....)

Do you remember the questions in your head: if it was captured after you pressed the shutter button? If it is clear (does anybody care if a photo was blurred or not before?), nervous that your group picture was not so good, and lastly, what if you ran out of films?

If you once used a film camera before this world turned to digital, you probably know what I'm talking about.

As everyone is upgrading to digital, most especially the DSLR, some are going back to what our parents or what we didn't experienced around. Lomo cameras are very in right now as well as polaroid, the instax mini and somehow, the film cameras.


I always wanted to try lomo cameras but there's only one effect on each camera like the fish eye, it doesn't do anything more than giving the picture a fish eye effect. That makes it unique but I'm not into it full time but I want one. Sadly, my mom owned a Minolta SLR (I forgot the model) with 2 lenses. I really wanted to use it but I might spend a ton if it will be fixed, I'll just buy a lens for my DSLR rather that getting it fixed and the battery of that camera isn't even double or triple A! Its the round battery that watches have and that's a little expensive... And I'm thinking of getting an instax mini (but I don't need it....)

hopefully, this guys will still work but I highly doubt the Taz and Bugs for some reason but I found something like this and its Hello Kitty and I can tell its better than this

One or two of my friends before have a polaroid camera. I hope she still have it or maybe not and hopefully, I can turn my room upside down to see our photo from that polaroid camera. As I was opening some drawers that are not used to be open in this room, I found this Jollibee disposable camera and I'm keeping it for years now and I don't know if this really works because there's no battery slot,  just for the film, no on/off button too! Last Sept. 10, Nikka ask me to go to Mega to meet hey boy Jesse and since we haven't got to spend time together for who knows how long, I agreed and mom asked me to buy some things and I decided to buy film/s.

I just really want to try film camera again, with the thrill of what's in it or what was the result and a physical copy of the pictures again.

Before I bought my own camera, I did make sure that I will get first a laptop where can I stored the pictures and after a year or two I bought my digital camera (Sony TX5) and after two years I bought my DLSR (Canon 600D). Sure we can save if we just use digital camera so we can also choose what are the pictures we want to be printed or not because we can make those pictures a wallpaper on our cellphones, tablets and computers but as I've been following Sam Desantis (who took amazing and gorgeous photos), some band members, dudes, artist, and even ordinary people, I got inspired with how they uses a disposable camera or a lomo camera.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with using digital, we can save from not printing out thousand of photos from a certain trip but there is this thrill on using a film. Old school or not, its my choice to try it once again and I can't wait! Naaaah but no trip coming so soon.... :/ 


I already put films on the Canon and on the Hello Kitty!! I'm excited for the results but I still have 20 shots left :D 


Be inspired. Don't steal. - AEivrynRV


No comments:

Post a Comment