Friday, June 16, 2017

Petroglyphs and Pinto

Easter Sunday where my cousin need some pictures for her school project and I decided to tag along. 

Too bad she already went to BGC to capture street art. Haven't been to BGC for so long and I also want to see those street art with my own eyes. 

Living in the Art Capital of the Philippines, art is everywhere in here though she decided to skip some museum here since she doesn't have a lot of free time so she chose to visit Petroglyphs and Pinto Art. 

Bummer that we experienced rain showers that day but I was able to wear my docs. Lol but seriously the weather that day sucks. Good thing I didn't end up getting sick. 

I've been to Petroglyphs before when my professor in Humanities required us to have a tour in my own hometown and I still remember that moment when I was a bit amazed when he was telling that in our class then before that first day was over, I realized he was a relative. That's why he is so proud of our little hometown. 

After 10 years, I can visit it again and the difference was this time the National Museum is the one managing it already. 


Petroglyphs was still the same nothing has changed since it was already been taking good care of despite of the early vandalism that's been there. My uncle said that they used to hangout there since they don't have any idea on what are those that time before Carlos "Botong" Francisco discovered it. 

After that we decided to visit Pinto Art. It was also a very cool to travel and see the changes after not going up to East Ridge for years and being in Angono, Binangonan and Antipolo in a snap via that route. So good to see my hometown again from above. We used to go up there randomly when I was in high school. 



We arrived in Pinto Art and I'm curious since I used to see it only in pictures. Am I disappointed? A little because of the weather since I can't do much outdoor shot and there were no clouds and maybe sunset in there was good too. But when you have a mission to do then you gotta work with the weather even it's not on your side. 

If not within the weather and the other people, maybe I can say that I love that place (maybe if we didn't visit on a weekend then maybe we experience it in a different way). 

Personally it feels so good to visit a museum after years. I was able to see different kind of arts and to be able to use my DSLR again!!! Yay! 

Not everyone appreciate art the way other people appreciate it and it was more disappointing. Seriously. 

Like everyone give more importance on a picture where they are in it not appreciating the "art" they just want to have a different background for the sake of their social media for them to have a new profile picture. 

There are 2 ladies that exchanging on position so they will be able to take picture of each other while I was there watching and waiting for them to be done so I can take the picture of the art that they chose to be their background. One time we were in one gallery when there are a lot paintings and they can't choose on what will be their next background. How come people can be satisfied to few shot to be their profile picture? Are they just that photogenic? Stolen picture is another story. Maybe I'm just too OC with pictures. I wasn't sure if I feel bad, sorry or angry at them. 

So sad that they care more on their picture in that place than appreciating the art that's been their background. 

I was able to take some decent pictures which will be up on my Tumblr maybe mid-June or July. 

It's not about being surrounded by art that's why I appreciate it that way, I didn't grow up in a family of artist but it doesn't mean I don't care about it anymore. It should be appreciated the way they should be. 


hi, Daphne! she was a bit surprised to see the art done by her professor


I'm not saying not to have a picture with it but please lessen it and instead of taking a picture with it why not just take the picture of the art in front of you. Some of those artist are taken for granted let us be a ray of sunshine for them by appreciating their work even for a while. You can still post that on your Facebook or wherever let people wonder on the beauty of those picture than you blocking half of it. You can still have a picture in there but it's annoying to see your face on every photo than seeing the art or view that you're blocking (I'm speaking in behalf of some of your Facebook friends. Lol)

If only the weather was nice that day, there will be no hindrance on taking the camera out but that's not an excuse to at least appreciate the art. 


"This is ART"


No comments:

Post a Comment