Saturday, June 24, 2017

After Laughter

After Laughter is out and I can't stop listening to each track and I don't know when will I stop since it is my favorite album. 



It's really hard to chose a favorite but since Hard Times and Told You So was out weeks before the album that I listen to those two non-stop too when it was individually released. Zac was right, Hayley never get it wrong on what to release first. Listening to the whole album and trying to get in to Hayley's head it's hard to think on which to release first if it wasn't Hard Times and Told You So. Those two are like the summary of what's inside After Laughter. 

After Laughter is the album that speaks in behalf of me. Yes, Paramore did it again. Someone tweeted this even before it was out that it is an "Upbeat Depression" album and I can't agree more to that most especially now that's it's been out, you should listen to lyrics not just be fooled on how the album title and the artwork. This is so weird but people also said before it was out that this will make us dance with our depression and so true, I already did an ugly cry and dance along to Hard Times in a day. 

It's been out for weeks and I can't stop listening to it. Every time I'm not listening to it, I always find myself humming or singing any song from AL. 

If you know the band history of Paramore, you will have a lot of interpretation for each song and you will know what were the reasons why these lyrics exist. So far I only read one article that doesn't deserve to be published since it doesn't give justice to what was the real deal of the album. Yes, AL is dark but we're all been there and a single stanza doesn't give justice to the whole song and on what is the real message. 

It's hard to pick a favorite since every song is so close to my heart and I can totally relate to everything in a different way. 

Here's each track with my favorite line. I really want to make a longer one where I can totally explain or interpret the meaning or how I feel about the songs but it's too much that I'm not sure where to start and for sure this post will never be out. So I'm not going there but one thing is for sure, most of this song speak for themselves and that's how we all can relate to it. 


Hard Times - "Gonna make you wonder why you even try" 
Rose-Colored Boy - "Just let me cry a little bit longer"
Told You So - "I know you like. When I admit that I was wrong and you were right"
Forgiveness - "Forgiving is not forgetting"
Fake Happy - "I bet everybody here is fake happy too"
26 - "Hold on to hope if you got it"
Pool - "I'm done giving up"
Grudges - "Why did it take us so long to just let it go?"
Caught In The Middle - "I can sabotage me by myself"
Idle Worship - "But we could let the light illuminate these hopeless places"
No Friend - "If nothing comes of it, then just know we are grateful"
Tell Me How - "Do I suffocate or let go?"

I actually like what they've done in this like they announced this album just weeks before the date with a single plus treating us so much that we didn't see the music video coming as well as the tour dates for the coming months and then in just a week there's another single and a music video. Paramore was so sneaky with this move and we are all loving the treat. Did I mention there were new bunch of photos too? Feels so good. Oh and PARAHOY 2018 ... :( 

Some people say that this is not the Paramore we get used to but I'm happy that most fans accepted the change and I know we will all agree that we are continuing growing up with them. 

This album is surely making us dance so let us all enjoy it. 






You don't have to tell me
If you ever think of me
I know you see me dancing
Wildly in the fog of your memory
You don't have to tell me
I can still believe


No comments:

Post a Comment