Thursday, September 12, 2013

On Repeat . Amelia

Amelia by Tonight Alive

I'm pretty honest that I just started to listen to Tonight Alive mid-August when I finally played the 'Breaking and Entering' acoustic on Buzznet and here's my comment mid-way of watching it.


I'm totally aware of them since Sammy Roenfeldt is posting about them non-stop and I'm seeing them on Buzznet a lot lately because of their new album 'The Other Side'  and they are part of Bazooka Rocks 2 and I know that they've been here last year.

And I started to listen to 'What Are You So Scared Of?' And Daaaaang! Why did it took me so long before listening to them??? Better late than never ;)

Let's talk about the song, who is Amelia? According to what I read on some website, Amelia is Jenna's friend who died on an accident. If you listen to the song I believe that the lyrics speak for itself.  

Speaking from experience, I know how it feels to loose a family member and a friend while others are just so faaaaar away to be re-connect with but it has no difference at some point. I'm thinking about them when I listen to the song and somehow this song convince me that some people are really not meant to be reachable all the time.  

I find it sweet that Jenna wrote a song for her friend. Not everyone in this earth will have a song by their loved one or a friend in a band to let everyone know your name, your story or your friendship.

I have a thing for a slow or sad song.

So here is it. Listen to it and I hope you'll find the time to remember your old friend/s, and some loved ones. 




And now we must let you move forward
Our love lies with you
Our souls fly with you
Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment