Monday, September 04, 2017

On Repeat . One More Light (Album)

Giving you permission to tell me that I'm just joining the bandwagon.

Ever since the news about Chester, my heart was broken. I don't listen to Linkin Park but it somehow hit so close to home for me. We know that they've been famous when "In The End" was released and I love that and singing/rapping along with it when it plays. Who didn't do that? Teenage years. 

Even I don't listen to them they are part of us. I don't know what they've gone through all these years but respect to them and to the fans. 

The only way I know how to cure my broken heart is to listen to their albums. I know it could be more heartbreaking for others hearing his voice but for me it's a cure, somehow. I hate losing people in life whether just the relationship ends or when they're gone. It's heartbreaking but most especially it's life changing, it will turn you upside down. 

Mix emotions while playing LP on the background and realizing that it will never be the same since his voice will never be heard again but thankful for their albums and live videos on YouTube. 

Upon researching, I just realized too that they just released a new one last May. Read that some bashed the album and them for making something not heavy (by sounds) just like their previous ones. 

I wrote "The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver" and I told you, it's better to deal with changes but not a change like this. :( 

Chris Cornell also was taken away from fans and family early this year and they said that he was a big influence and a good friend to Chester. Losing Chris made a huge impact to Chester and he died on the birthday of Chris. 

Depression is one main reason. Bottom line, we should really not take mental health issue for granted. 

Make someone feel loved today and let them know that you care. 

I relate to this album in a way because of the lyrics. I can see myself singing some of it loudly because it really do happen to me. 

This probably will be the last album of Chester or maybe LP (I can't imagine LP without Chester in it). 

I know it's not as heavy as their previous albums but enjoy the down time, it will never be the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment