Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Book . The Fault In Our Stars

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
the photo is from google

To the fans who read it minutes/hours after it was released for the first time, please don't over react on what I typed and it wasn't new that I read books. I even read The Perks of Being a Wallflower even before I knew that there will be a movie. Everything was my opinion so if you have something bad to say put it on your own social networking sites. Okay? Okay.

*spoiler alert*

I got a copy of this months ago and it will be the first book of John Green that I read and I think I have all of his books. I decided to read it before the release of the movie so I don't need to re-read or re-call it before watching. Since some read it already, I know hints what is it all about and I know that Augustus will die.

Last week, everyone is so pumped about it because it will be showing in different places by this week while some will be next week. A week ago I was with Brobabes we went around Fully Booked and Lhea told me that the character of Hazel Grace was inspired by a girl named Esther Earl. I did a little research about it but I was busy until last Friday and since Friday is over I was able to start reading it by midnight. I got too sleepy early that I fell asleep but I read it again when I woke up.

I cried hard while I was already on the part where Augustus decided to have a pre-funeral and when he asked Isaac and Hazel to have a eulogy for him. As well as on the part where he died already. Before, when I cried while reading a book mostly because I was touched by the characters but this was different. It was different in a way that I cried so hard that I don't know why I'm crying like that and there are several reasons why I think it happened.

I cried on the first part when I realized that Augustus value and appreciate life and living his life to the fullest. I mean, where can you find guys like that? Then some reasons are: I cried for them; for my current situation and I don't know if I'm doing some things right or not; for people who are not appreciating life as we should; for people who are close minded and selfish; for people who are taking their own self for granted while people like Hazel, Augustus and Isaac suffer from different illness;  for losing some friends; for remembering my ex-best friend. When he texted me that he was dying on my 18th birthday and later I found out that it was a joke; remembering the people we lost over the years; the moment when Hazel was thinking if there will be people who will truly remember her if she died. I was thinking the same mostly when someone die or a funeral remind me of that and how unfortunate that when someone die people will start to notice, to remember, to say 'I Miss You', 'I wish we hangout more before' stuff like that and then you become popular, talk of the town. This book make me so confused for everything.

This book reminds me of Taking Chances by Molly McAdams though the characters are not ill, I think some of the fans were satisfied and happy with 'Stealing Harper' where the POV of Chase was cleared up because ..... Ahhh you need to read it ;)

But at the end I'm still thankful that with so many realization and experiences, I look in life differently and even I can't explain it pretty much some of it was mentioned in this book. That's why I cried while reading some part of it because I think its hard to find someone who will totally understand what are you believing in. I'm thinking of re-reading it but I think this emotion after hours of finishing the book for the first time is the best time to write something about it. It may be a mess but I hope I was able to express what I wanted to say.

Now my problem is, if I can watch the movie because I don't want to cry so hard in a cinema while watching it I don't know if I'll recover. But I will watch it anyway because I believe that books are more powerful than the movie and while reading we usually make up the whole scene in our head and sometimes it was better than the movie. I just watch for the first time the trailer and believe me some scenes are better or even worse in my head. 

Anyway, I guess I will be okay.


Okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment