Saturday, May 27, 2017

Switched!

Aside from its a long time dream, I now have switched from Windows to Mac. Well not totally going to ditch the Windows because we all know that Windows is the majority of the computer system everywhere. 



One more reason why I didn't upgrade to a Windows is because I don't feel like using Windows 10. Another reason is that I hate the sneaky viruses on Windows. Most high-end laptop even cost just like a MacBook or more and despite of the difference with the memory and the performance it's still a Windows, it can still have the same sickness even it's already upgraded. 

I'm just using my new MacBook Pro for couple of days and I want to ask why just now? Haha. So despite of the price I think it's worth it as long as you know how to take good care of a gadget. I have a couple of Apple product so there was no hard on adjusting but if I have question, Google is there. 

At some point maybe I don't need a new laptop since I still have a Windows desktop at work but my first ever laptop is now 8 years old and we all need a personal computer, well at least I do. My Acer is still working slowly but I can't bring it anywhere anymore since the battery and the charger wire is busted that it's just sitting on a specific space and I'm not willing to let it go since most of my hard drives are plug-in to that. It's very useful too since I'm just starting with the Mac and I don't want all my files to be on it. It only got a 256GB memory that even an iPhone can have that capacity nowadays. Crazy, right! Haha. You can customize the capacity but it's cheaper if you buy an external hard drive. 

I know Mac is complicated for some but its one of the best thing. I was amazed that my photos are good to be a wallpaper and the huge difference of resolution of a Windows and a Mac is noticeable if you really love photography. That's such a huge plus since I never thought my photographs are good to be a wallpaper since it somehow become pixelated on Windows. And now I have to adjust the size of captured photos on my DSLR. Talking about taking picture to another level than just for Tumblr. 

So far the first and the priority is to fix iTunes since I rely on my music so much that I need to sync my iPod and iPhone. Fixing it helped me adjust on using a Mac most especially the trackpad and few shortcuts. Speaking of music, the speakers are pretty good too and I bet it will not be changed. 

Since I'm done with my iTunes, mostly I do now is just browsing, fix my Tumblr which have 200+ on queue and will be publishing automatically until mid-May, I'm more encourage to update my blog but this entry is taking too long since I'm still a newbie with it. I haven't tried to use other programs yet other than iTunes since it's a must and haven't tried iMovie since nothing to edit yet but maybe I'll play with it within the next days so I know what to do if I need to edit anything and of course watch my favorite series. 

I got the 2016 13" without the touch bar. Well I wish to have the touch bar but it's not worth it, I guess. It will be the future, yes but it eat up a lot of battery and it cost way more than the non-touch bar. I'll rather buy another external hard drive than that. There were also common post on returning some units according to some YouTube users and even bad reviews online. 

All I want to have is a very good reliable portable computer and even without the new feature which is the touchbar and I believe that it will consume battery more than the usual. Not everyone will instantly going to update their laptops so I'm okay with the non-touchbar and I do enjoy it more. Before deciding on which to get, I also visited a Power Mac store to see it personally and just like any other Apple fan, I was amazed to see the touchbar but I also think of practicality most especially if I'm the one paying and I'll be the one to use it. 

One huge issue with the 2016 MacBook Pro lineup was the ports. Believe me, you will be getting used to it as long as you have the adapter for your USB.

With 100% battery it can last me a day, two or even three as long as I will not watch long videos and not use it for music most of the time. I nearly don't go to 10 hours but maximum is maybe 8 hours. Still depends on how you will use it. 

I just love how I can now open it up not thinking of the power plug-in if I need to use it immediately. I also charge it prior to usage since I learned that using your gadget while charging is a no and I did that mistake with my ACER. I also monitor it so I will not over charge it. 

Overall, I'm happy with it as we have been together for a month now. 

I don't know when this will be publish but if you are looking for a laptop, know what you really need and of course consider the budget but be a good searcher because there's a lot of good deals you just gotta find it. If you want a Mac, then save for it but if you can buy a new one, then go. 

Personal computer or laptops are not a big deal nowadays at least for some since smartphones but cheers to us, to people who are serious about saving photos and videos for real. 


typed this months ago but I still think that my thoughts are supposed to be shared 


"Dream turned reality" 

No comments:

Post a Comment