Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Greatest Hits, No B-Sides

Seriously people are surprised that I don't update Facebook just like any other person. Hahaha. 

When people asked me about it, all I say is that I don't do Facebook. Yes that's a lie but I only use that for browsing and messaging friends, that's it. If I post then it's just once in a blue moon. So there will be no 1 year ago memories for the last years or maybe there are few ones.

Speaking of memories, I believe I was so into it maybe 6-7 years ago because recently there are so many nonsense post that I post way back that time that I just laugh at it now and I was still in college that time. 

Recently I don't get why updating it every now and then somehow become a competition with other people. I hate to admit it but also became the platform where people depends your achievements. Yes you can share some highlights of your life but some people take it to another level of judgment. Some people even make issues on what you post. It's pretty insane on how people are hanging on Facebook and depending on it too much. 

I want to tell them there's more life outside Facebook but they don't know that. I just browse my feed once in a while since I can also get updates from my favorite fan page or read nonsense comments on a certain news article or watch a video of dogs and any hilarious one but mostly, I do have more life on my other social networking sites. I do share my photographs that I took on random days or captured from trips on my Tumblr, I do get news on time, RT every tweet that is relevant to my life, post once in a while or get on time updates from bands via Twitter, I post photos once in a while on Instagram or update what I'm currently watching on my IG stories and if they want to know what's in my head 20% of the time or want some update about my life and rants then they have to dig deeper and if they do, they are probably reading this by now. 



I do have a life outside the Internet / social networking sites and in no particular order, here's a list of what I do and you can do too outside Facebook / the Internet. I don't do this everytime I'm offline but these are the things that I do and I'm giving you ideas so you will not depend on Facebook too much. 

(1) Listening to music (always my number one. This includes reading updates from bands, discover new music, rediscovering some old stuff. Just anything about music but yeah I do listen all the time)

(2) Watching YouTube videos (vlogs are very in nowadays who doesn't watch such thing? Haha. I do watch local vloggers but I mostly watch gadget reviews or re-watching some old and sometimes new live concerts or interviews of my favorite bands) 

(3) TV series (omg! Well not everyone have a TV series to depend on during boredom strikes. Hahaha. At least I do.)

(4) Reading books (haven't read a new one lately and I still have a lot of pending! I should soon. Haha)

(5) Browsing online shops (this is tricky but I don't do this most likely when I know I don't need such things. But it's a good distraction mostly if you can put some items on your wishlist then wait for the sale season. You gotta know some sources so you know where to get specific items because not everything is available at the mall)

(6) Reading blogs (I haven't read blogs like I used before but if you found what you like it's good to read)

(7) Playing with the dogs (love our furballs)

(8) Baking (my new hobby but I'll go on hiatus for now but omg, my cookies are love)

(9) Watching basketball (it's PBA season but I'm not into it recently so I'm patiently waiting for UAAP)

(10) Eating (who doesn't love eating?)

(11) Hangout with friends (speaking of, I'm missing my friends. It's been a while!!! where the hell are you guys??)

(12) Working out (shhh. It's a secret.)

(13) Sleeping (Zzzz....)

(14) Thinking of what should I post next (haha! I'm usually running out of ideas but as long as there will be no writers block, ideas are creeping in but deal with my "On Repeat" since I'm mostly listening to music)

(15) Typing my own rant on my phone (yep, what I do when I'm holding my phone, I'm not usually texting just typing rants or thinking what will be the next paragraph will be)

(16) Dealing with my own demons (gotta have to!)

(17) Having an endless and random conversation with M (my happy pill)

(18) Thinking about my tattoo list or what to do next with my hair (hahaha! One of my favorite past time)

(19) Observing people (I love this! I like the idea of waiting. I should do this soon, it's been a long time since I sit alone on a busy food court)

(20) and of course my daily responsibilities. (yep I do have those too) 

So yeah, there's more to life outside Facebook. 

Curse my favorite crime series on why I learned not to update every now and then. Even on Twitter, I stopped updating most especially if it's something traceable. I still update in real time but that's once in a blue moon. 

Internet is a big help and I believe it's also depends on how we use it. I hate depending on the Internet so much because everything in there is not permanent, it can be gone after one click. There was an instance before I think it was after a typhoon where the Internet is busted but I was still able to survive with my music, movies and TV series. Internet is very accessible nowadays with a cheap amount of promo from different mobile carrier it's already in our hands but what if it will be busted, can you imagine your life without it? Well, I can still survive with my music, movies, TV series and I can survive without my social networking sites just don't be surprised if my Tumblr are still updating since there's a lot on queue in there. Same with my blog, there are few moments that I scheduled some post. 

Some people use what you post on Facebook against you too. Do you have any idea how far your post can go? Your words can be used against you, people will judge you on what you repost or on what you post or on what was your comment on a certain post. Yeah, I know all the possibilities thankful for my favorite TV series. It can be on a good use too but mostly bad because we don't know how other people judge and yes, including everything I post in here. 

FYI, don't transfer to Twitter there's no gossip in there. 

Be offline once in a while, it's okay you will survive. 


"Everyone only post their greatest hits, no b-side. No one talks about their lousy days" 
- Jimmy Palmer | NCIS S14E13 

No comments:

Post a Comment