Friday, May 12, 2017

Upgrade or Downgrade

I have no idea on how did I end up with such topic. Hahaha. Seriously. So upon browsing Facebook, one of my favorite concert photographer went live on her birthday and it's been a while since I read updates from her and since I'm also busy with reality, I fail to get real time updates from people I follow. 

I wasn't able to watch her live but I saw it hours later, she  unbox her new camera and lenses. I'm aware that she already switched gear a year ago or two but I never know or read anywhere on why I just thought that it was just another work or a sponsored one, until I saw her video. 

She totally switched from Canon to Sony. She explained why she did and it wasn't a sponsored one well maybe at some point it is but she also believe in the product so it's also a personal decision. I was somehow sold and tried to do some research about the new camera line of Sony again after years.

I, on other hand switched from a Sony point and shoot to a Canon DSLR. Well it wasn't a total switch since it's more of upgrading than switching. I decided to upgrade for a lot of reason but I also ditch Sony since their early cybershot series have a vibrating problem and from my own experience, the issue with the zoom when zooming in it zoomed out and vice-versa or sometimes it doesn't work. 

One of my favorite blogger uses a Sony A series and I continue to wonder why but her photos are so good that "what is your camera" usually end up on the comment section of every post. 

It's been years since I upgraded and nowadays everyone is ditching the SLR ideas since it's heavy, it's hard to bring every now and then most especially during travels, there's no zoom in or out unless you are carrying a zoom lens. Mirrorless are the thing now and because of curiosity, I just look at the price of some popular like the Lumix or FujiFilm even before having the knowledge of the magical upgrade of Sony. 

Another person that switched was a YouTube vlogger that I just started to follow and she also total switched from Canon to Sony. She laid out her reasons and for a moment I'm sold. Hahaha




I'm thinking of switching or adding up another point or shoot with my DSLR maybe later this year or next year but the bigger problem was, I'm not usually out and about to have beautiful scenery in front of me but I'm really considering getting a Sony soon or not. lol. One more problem is, should I keep my Canon SLR or not? but I love shooting manually! Huge problem but I don't know yet. We'll see if I will switched or upgrade. Or I can still have both then figure it out later. Better have both worlds than nothing. :)



"Don't stop capturing those moments"





No comments:

Post a Comment