Thursday, January 19, 2017

Kuala Lumpur 2016. Day 1

December 22 2016 

I believe there are different way to transfer from SG-KL like a train and another bus line but we travelled via KKKL. I was nervous because there are literally bad reviews about it but I dozed off after KL immigration and I don't know what happened. My friends say the driver was a bit reckless but what do I know. Haha. There are USB ports at the middle of the seat but no WiFi. The seat are okay that I was able to sleep the whole trip with a huge leg room that I was still able to put my bag in there. The only downside was they are not saying on where are we like when we arrived at the exit at SG and while at KL immigration and most importantly when we arrived at KL Sentral. My top concern is to arrive safe and sound at KL Sentral and I believe that everything will be okay by then.


The immigration stops are for the first hour we were already done in KL immigration by 1am where I already dozed off. Haha. And for me that's good because we can sleep now for the rest of our trip although they didn't sleep soundly like I did. Haha. 

For SG immigration you just need to present the passport but in KL immigration you need to bring down your baggage for scanning and that's it. Be sure you already have some Malaysian Ringgit before leaving SG because once you're done with KL immigration you should be using Ringgit. Good thing my friend changed his SGD to RM earlier because there's a mini grocery store right outside the immigration and he's the only one who got RM. Haha. 


We arrived at KL sentral at 6am most stores are still closed but thankful for McDonalds where we can stay and eat breakfast but thankful again that Ryan got some RM200 or we will starve. Haha. Because most of the foreign exchange will open by 9am. We were able to eat and watch KL Sentral be alive within hours. 

Nikka was the tour guide for SG and since no one has ever been to KL, I take charge. According to blog and guides for KL, KL sentral is the middle of major transportation transfer so we chose that as a drop off from the bus trip because there are couple of choices as your drop off. 

I planned the whole KL trip but some things changed in the middle of the trip but nevertheless most of it was because of me.

I wanted to try AirBnb and I'm happy that I did and Steven was so nice and his place was too nice that I thought $56 for one night sound pricey but my friends really liked it. 

Our check in is at 1400 and we were already there early in the morning so what I planned is, Batu Caves right after breakfast. Before leaving SG my friends are asking me if there's a dress code for Batu Caves and I can't remember if I read about it somewhere and since I already planned KL, I let them research that information and apparently you can't wear short or anything that's above the knee. 

Ryan was still the only one who got Ringgit and if we are going to wait for the opening of the Money Exchange, it will eat up a lot of time. Just when I decided that we can still survive the trip to Batu Caves with the Ringgit that Ryan is holding. 


We have all of our bags and that's hassle, good thing I searched that there are lockers within the area with different prices mostly depends on how big the locker you will rent. 

train tokens ... I'm amazed by this

yes I wore my docs to climb up Batu Caves. haha


From KL Sentral, the other end of the red line of the train is Batu Caves and it's not hard to spot on and you will be really dropped off just outside Batu Caves. 


Another good decision because when we decided to walked up, there are only few people when we went up and as they're repainting the 3 staircase and 1 was the only access going up and down. Batu Caves is an instant workout and it will gave you instant water falls in your body. Haha. 

When we decided to go down, there are already bunch of people going up and good thing we experienced it with less people when we were at the top. 


There are few stores at the bottom of Batu Caves that we were able to eat and there's also a money exchange booth. After eating we were supposed to go back at the station but we passed by at another cave (Ramayana Cave) that you just need to pay for RM 5 it's super worth it. I never read/knew about it so it was such a surprise to see what was inside. It's just also at the area of Batu Caves.

~~

After we went back to the train and had a trip to KL Sentral then we got our bags and transfer to the Blue line where we will go to our Airbnb that's sitting tight on the middle of the city. 

It was a 5 minutes walk from KLCC station. I rent out a whole condominium for the 5 of us and I'm really happy that they liked the place. We checked in late though since we wanted to eat first. We planned to just walk but our bags are heavy now and we are tired then it also rained so we decided to use Grab. 


When we got to the condominium, it was a relief that we own it all and we can rest for a bit and refresh before going out again for dinner. The shower after bus trip, Batu Caves and walking and carrying bags was so refreshing. I wish there was a bathtub but I think if that happened, I will never ever leave the bathroom. Haha

Ate Maya was supposed to meet her cousin at The Pavilion which was a few blocks away from Soho and we had an early dinner at Johnny Rockets. 

I was a bit lost already on where was KLCC / The Petronas Tower good thing he told us that we can walk on the bridge that led to the KLCC area because we just decided to go to Chinatown even it's already 9pm and I read that it closes by 10pm. We made it and we bought chocolates, ref magnets, key chain, t-shirts aka pasalubong. 


We went back to KLCC station for Petronas then we decided to search for Bukit Bintang. Unfortunately, we weren't able to see where it was after all the walking we did. One more reason to be back. 

It was somehow a disappointing moment but thankful for video call with M to shift my mood and still call it a goodnight.

photos from me or from friends ... more photos on my Tumblr soon.


My Photographs: Kuala Lumpur 

No comments:

Post a Comment