Monday, February 03, 2020

On Repeat . Leave It Alone

Leave It Alone by Hayley Williams (Petals for Armor)



Don’t nobody tell me that God don’t have a sense of humor Cause now that I want to live Well everybody around me is dying Now that I finally want to live the ones I love are dying Becoming friends with a noose that I made and I been trying to untie it Make it into something useful or maybe hang it through a window pane Turn it into a fire escape It tastes so bitter on my tongue The truth’s a killer But I can’t leave it alone You don’t remember my name somedays or that we’re related Triggers my worry Who else am I gonna lose before I am ready? And who’s gonna lose me? It tastes so bitter on my tongue The truth’s a killer But I can’t leave it alone If you know love Best prepare to grieve Let it into your open heart and Then prepare to let it leave

No comments:

Post a Comment