Friday, February 21, 2020

Pod Sibs Book Club . It Ends With Us (Feb 2020)


What a roller coster ride. Another book by Colleen Hoover after years and this is one is like greeting and saying "Welcome back!".

I'll start to let myself catch up on the years that I've missed that in fact I may read another book after typing this one.

I somehow let go of reading such genre because I think it was too much for me. Too much feels. I feel like I was being trap on such fantasy that I’m looking for it on reality as well which in fact I know will never be the same as the story on the book. After reading this book, I’m thinking of going back on this kind of genre and maybe read another genre in between so I will not be trap in fantasy. 

Going back to the book, this is not a love story. Oh wait, it is a love story. 

Being abusive doesn't just take effect physically, it's also emotionally and mentally. One way or another there is much worst than the other but abuse is something that we shouldn’t be tolerating at the first place. 

Just when I was started reading this on the first chapter or just on the first paragraph, oh no I'm so in it and I already know that deep down that I can totally relate to this. Relate not in abusive way but somehow tolerating some cycle. Good thing for others that there’s an option to get out but imagine when some doesn’t have that option. 

There's so many lines that I highlighted and I'm not sure what to do with those! lol 

Also that ending !!! I’m not so surprised but I’m happy that Lily made the right decision. Sometimes it just requires a lot of courage to make huge life decisions. 

There's too much that can be said on this but I'm keeping it on myself before I spill more spoilers.

One of the best from Colleen really but all of her book are the best. 




“Naked truths aren’t always pretty”
It Ends With Us | Colleen Hoover


No comments:

Post a Comment