Saturday, March 17, 2018

Indonesia 2018 . Day 2

February 17, 2018

Ginnie left like at 7am for the 11am flight and I just started a day without anyone and to be honest as much as I think it will be a personal trip and somehow my much needed alone time, I miss her already.

Since we already got some sleep at some point. I grab breakfast when Ginnie left since there was a convenient store linked at the hotel lobby. I just grabbed some noodles and brought it back up in the room then took a bath and fix my stuff while I wait for Diana at 10am since she will be transferring to Central Jakarta from her previous Airbnb. I envy her that she was able to transfer to the Central. hahah but I personally don't like too much transferring so I rather be at one place.

The original plan was for her to left her baggage at my room then go to Ikea and then grab her bag and then check in on her new Airbnb at Central but instead of leaving her bag we brought it along.

Diana and I got too much experience while exploring the city all weekend and on our way to Ikea was the first one of so many. lol The Grab doesn't know where we are going and thankful that we got internet connection that we were able to check if the cab is going the right way but that time, we make a wrong turn. I admired there roads and if you make one wrong turn, feels like you have to start all over again. Their roads got no shortcuts, always the long route. For Rp 20.000 we made a start of so many mini road trip.



We arrived in Ikea and it was my first time there nothing much but of course I admired everything but I'm not in an actual mood to shop. I get the hype but not now and it will be so hard to bring home. We just spend 2 hours in Ikea.



Next stop to check in on her Airbnb until Monday. It was also another road trip since we can't find Diamond Tower good thing she called the host and she talked to the driver with Bahasaand we found it and we rest for a bit then leave. Apparently, it was easier to search if it will be Tower Diamond on the app.

While waiting to leave by 3pm, we looked on where to go for the rest of the day.

We both agree that we must also try the local transportation in Jakarta like the Bajaj, Gojek, Transjakarta (bus) and the train.

Upon doing my own research prior to my trip, I also wanted to try Ubermotor since it's pretty cheap compare to taxi than the usual grab and uber ride.

We got few choices on what to do for that day like; National Museum, National Gallery and Monas (Merdeka Square) and maybe eat some street food.

National Gallery was the first choice but it was only until 4pm while the National Museum is until 5pm so we go to National Museum since we still got 2 hours before it close.

Another mini road trip happened she booked National Museum but the grab dropped us at the entrance of Merdeka Square telling us that the Museum is inside the square but we both know that it was not so we double checked it on Maps and Waze and it was a bit far. We decided to ride the Bajaj for 40.000 (I think) and it was such a good experience even we are already spending a little bit much on fares. lol



There's nothing much to do in the city of Jakarta but the Gallery and Museum is a must on the list to know more about the country and I think it is a must on every country.

The entrance to the Museum was 10.000 not bad at all where they got a fully air conditioned 4 storey building and got a working escalator and an elevator.

The early way of living in Indonesia is not as far as it is from the Philippines. Although I believe that the difference was at one point is the creativity of the people and the invasion of different countries later on. Museum are one of the best since there are things that have been used in early years. I said to Diana one time that imagine 50 or 100 years from now on, cellphones or anything that was related to technology will be displayed on museum than what are in there right now.

We basically maxed out our time there until 5pm and it was tiring too! We searched for a place where we can eat dinner but nothing nearby and all we are getting are restaurants in Grand Indonesia. Diana suggested Indonesian food and I agree since we all need to try it.

We got few good ones but expensive which a little bit near but we decided to just go to Grand Indonesia and try Sate Khas Senayan it didn't disappoint even on our main dish we basically no clue on what are the others but the the Sate are so good that at some point we want to order again. hehe


Most of the flea market closes at 7pm but the mall is until 10pm. Since we are already late for the bazaar to buy some souvenirs, we decided just to roam around Grand Indonesia and basically kill time until 10pm. We are also tired but I wish we were able to go that night to Monas already since there's no adventure being in the mall because we already have tons here in Manila.

I was having a hard time to book a Grab or Uber since it was closing time but Diana was able to booked her and I told her that I'll just go with her and then I'll book my ride when we get in Tower Diamond we somehow decided to separate ways early since we wanted to experience car-free-day in the city the next day then as we planned we will go to the Gallery, Old Town, buy souvenirs and Monas at night.

We are on our ride back to her Airbnb and it's pretty good if you were able to find a driver who can at least speak english than just bahasa since you will still be able to discuss some things. While on our way our driver just told us "uh-oh. we lost" I thought we are lost but he got a good navigation app but he keep on repeating the word "lost" and the car wasn't moving and the engine is nearly dead (battery problem) lol he keep on apologizing since we are already having a good conversation but he said "lost car" and never ending sorry for the situation. Good thing there was a Blue Bird cab nearby that we were able to transfer but we both feel sorry for the driver of "lost car" and we still thought about him the next day.



I booked a Grab/Uber as soon as we arrived in Tower Diamond and I still have to travel at least 45 minutes to my hotel in Tangerang.

It was very tiring day but I enjoyed it having Diana as a company for the weekend.

To be honest, once I arrived in my hotel room I was surprised that my bed is fixed but there was an emptiness without the company of these people at night. All I really thought was I needed me-time but it was craving for the presence of these people.

Full day planned for the last day.


My Photographs: Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment