Friday, March 16, 2018

Indonesia 2018 . Day 1

February 16, 2018

I can't believe that its been a week since my trip to Indonesia. Just to be clear, Jakarta is the largest city in Indonesia. The location of Indonesia Convention Exhibition is not in Jakarta it was at the BSD City. I can't say that I aslo stayed in Jakarta since my hotel was at Tangerang which is outside and a little bit far from Jakarta.

Last minute work stuff before leaving was a must to be done since I was still doing work at 1am, hours before leaving the house. I was so content that I will also get an Uber or Grab even at 4am even on a Friday morning but I was wrong I got some difficulty on finding a ride. I got one and it was such a nervous ride because Ginnie was already texting me that the line at the immigration is long and we are boarding by past 7am and I'm still on the way but then a traffic, there was an accident along the way thankful that Uber got Waze and there was an alternate route that we don't need the longer route.

To be honest, I already accept that I will be able to back out last minute prior to leaving just because I have to, for my responsibilities but at the back of my head of course I want to leave since I know that to keep my sanity, I already need some time alone far from here.

I made it to the airport on time and while on my way I already convinced myself that I will do a version of Amazing Race that day just to make it on time. I met Ginnie after I passed Immigration which was by the way so smooth since it was a weekend and I think having few stamps now are helping. We made it on our designated gate 30 minutes before boarding and just right on our way to our gate you might think that Ginnie and I are already friends for so long. Hahaha She also introduced me to Reigh Ann (?) who is at the same flight and will also watch the show. Few minutes later I decided to grab some snack before boarding since I haven't eaten anything after dinner last night and I crossed path with a girl wearing a Baby Zac shirt and I believe her name was Trisha/Tricia (?). I told it to Ginnie after buying food but we are both shy to approach her. We called her Baby Zac for the meantime until we got her name. We didn't even got her ig or twitter.

I just want to sleep already so I can have energy for the show and wake up in another country. Our flight was on time and I'm surprised as a first timer who is flying with Air Asia. I dozed off at the plane even there are some guys who are already drunk in our flight in between 8am-11am.



We arrived safe and sound in Indonesia.

I was at the foreign exchange and as I go back to Ginnie she was already talking to Baby Zac. hehe

Ginnie will just stay in Indonesia in less than 28 hours because she will be flying back home the next day and then catch the Manila show on the 18th. I let her crash my hotel room and she said that she don't have a sling bag since all she got is a regular backpack and I told her I can hold our passport since I do have a sling bag.

For our experience while waiting for the Paramore show you can read it all here.

We still stayed at the venue and just really feel the concert vibe or whatever you want to call it then Jude messaged me on Twitter asking if we are still there and it took few more minutes before recognizing each other and of course first awkward moments, hehe. Ginnie also met some of her online friends for years at the venue and we also introduced ourselves. Parafam!

Some security or the staff at the venue was already asking everyone to exit ICE and the sky is so pretty that we decided to walk for a while then decide what to do and thanful that Diana stayed with us. Well, I really can't find Ginnie when we ran inside Hall 6 and I just saw Diana and we spent the rest of the night together.

We went to AEON Mall which was near to grab dinner and we are somehow lost with all the things that we have been through all day. Diana, by the way was also on the same flight that morning! We just decided to eat Japanese that night and some Chapayom drinks. As Ginnie will be flying back home the next day, Diana and I basically plan on what to do until we fly back home by Monday.

It was a sad day but at the same time a very unforgettable one.

Ginnie and I were passed out but she was able to get up on time before leaving to the airport.


See you again soon, Ginnie <3


My Photographs: Indonesia


No comments:

Post a Comment