Monday, February 26, 2018

Paramore 2018 . Jakarta

I was so anxious leaving for the weekend since there are tons of things to be done but luckily Friday was also a holiday so it was basically a long weekend.

As I was planning this Jakarta trip for less than a month, I wasn't that excited to be honest since I will still be doing some work stuff prior to leaving for the airport and for me, that's priority then after I can think of the flight and hopefully no delays and of course to run at the venue since I have the same-day flight as well as the concert.

I already searched for the tweet that I read where I got this idea and followed her on Twitter. One day she posted that she won a meet and greet and I congratulate her and she reminds me that there's still a chance since there's another contest. Unfortunately, you need a group of 3 to join and recreate a scene from the music video of Hard Times. Sarah mentioned Jerome and Ginnie on one of her reply to me and that makes us three and we can already join the contest. We were so anxious about at first but we talked on Twitter and we are so willing to do it and we did. Despite of being busy days before leaving, I tried to squeeze it in just to try our luck.




That was our entry and we didn't won but guess what, we all found friends or should I say family?! :)

Jerome will be flying to Jakarta the day before the concert and I have the same flight with Ginnie and we met at the airport and basically didn't separate ways until she got to the airport the next day. I let her stayed with me at the hotel until the next day.

It was an on-time flight and I'm so surprised. lol We arrived in Jakarta, got to my hotel at Tangerang rest for a bit then headed to ICE and we are already stalking twitter on what is happening at the venue. While we are on our way to the venue it was at least 15 minutes we are already amazed with how nice BSD was, on how you can still see the sky on a very wide scale compare here in Manila where you just have to chase it at the MOA Bay Area unless you will not see much oh and also at the road but not as much as we witnessed.

While admiring the scenery Ginnie and I were already somehow figured out what must be our reaction after the show most especially she was a first timer. We found out about the pink printed ticket that is so cute but unfortunately they probably ran out of ink so it was also a limited thing only. We are rushing since we also wanted to have our own version of the ticket which is much better than the MOA ticket. lol

Upon searching for the entrance on where to redeem it since we thought that we all need that kind of ticket, I looked at my phone and Paramore posted on twitter that linked to the Facebook page, I stopped Ginnie right away and we just read the whole thing or maybe not since I already saw the heartbreaking word.






I froze and it was really heartbreaking but we can't let her perform most especially with her health at risk.

As we enter the venue, as in literally everyone doesn't know it all until we already lined up for merch and talked to some while at the line and met Diana since she was next to us in line and I'm not sure how it all happen maybe because Ginnie and I are talking in our native tongue. hehe. Ginnie and I can't spill the news to these innocent people so we told them to check Twitter and Facebook.

We felt sad because like us, some flew to Jakarta just for the show and we are few hours away from the opening act. Personally, I somehow can't wait to dance harder that day but I know deep inside I still have more patience and I can still wait for the rescheduled date for Jakarta and maybe a few more Asia dates. yay!

I can't hate the day where I already met some new friends from Twitter, met some people who at the same flight as ours and talked to some fans too at the venue it was surprisingly one of the best days. How can you hate such thing?! Besides for us who really flew from different places and got to be there at the venue prior to the announcement, we got merch!!! YAY! I got the shirt where there are tour dates at the back and finally, a hoodie!!!


We weren't able to meet Jerome because he wasn't early at the venue and when he knew it was postponed, he didn't went to the venue already but we still talked on Twitter and hopefully we will meet him soon. I found new people on Twitter who I also met at the venue though some who we met during our flight, we weren't able to talk and hangout longer that day since we lost each other but I still rememebered their faces and and few names. hehe

From her personal twitter, Hayley do update us a lot like she was at the hotel room and doctors suggested to take some more rest, etc. While we are at the venue, the promoters already opened the gate and everyone run inside as if the show will happen even we know that it will not. Promoters announced about what Hayley posted and about her condition and they showed us a video of Zac and Taylor apologizing about it but prior to that, they played The Only Exception at the venue and this happened.

A post shared by Aivrin Villamayor (@aeivryn) on



How can you hate such day where you saw a cooperation with this fan base/family?!

I like the crowd there than the crowd in my home country where there's too much competition.


As we all wait for a new date for Jakarta, we can all seat back and hope for a fully recovery of Hayley and I guess, we can all see each other again in Jakarta soon. <3

PS. As we rome around Jakarta and upon doing research, Asian Games will be held in Jakarta from August 18 - September 2, 2018. As much as it should be closer to the date in Manila which is Aug 23, I think it is one reason why they can't announced a date yet. Lets have more patience please and I'm not minding going back to Jakarta. :)






My Photographs: ParamoreJKT

See you soon in here or out there. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment