Sunday, July 20, 2014

Californila . CD | Stickers | Posters | Frames


When I discovered last year that the cd of the foreign artists that was being sold here in the Philippines are pretty much just Made in the Philippines, I told myself that I will never buy cd of foreign artists here unless I'll buy a local album and soon because I'm planning to buy the album of Cheats.  

I think that's why sometimes, the CD is in different color (like the 'Paramore' cd was supposed to be black but I got a white one) or the booklet isn't nicely printed. I don't have anything against it because the quality of the music is pretty much the same its just that there will always be a difference from what is locally made and they even sell it at the same price from iTunes or from the music store in the US.

Mid May I placed an order for the Candy Hearts bundle since it was still a pre-order.

June 15, 2014 - Californila just emailed me that my Candy Hearts bundle already arrived but they already emailed me the digital download of 'All The Ways You Let Me Down' on bandcamp (geez. I really didn't know that there will be a digital download). Also, my Charlavail sticker is not yet there, I already emailed Vail on when will be the next shipment since she went out of town to see her mom. The first sticker that was shipped was lost so I got a replacement. Well, hopefully the one who got that sticker will stick that somewhere so the positive vibes will be spreading like nutella.

June 23rd - my Candy Hearts cd arrived!!! I was actually surprised. :D 

I think this is my first CD from the US because pretty much I just buy here and this is the first time that I bought a bundle! And yes, I can now buy a bundle from those official website of the artist without worrying about the shipping process and also lining up on the music store here. I haven't open the cd because I got a digital download with a pdf file with the lyrics.


July 1st - my Positive Vibes sticker arrived in their US address! :)) 

July 4th - I placed another order. Haha. 

July 17th - package arrived. 

Omg this is so freaking fast.

Here's a picture of the cd and the stickers the Candy Hearts sticker was an additional order and Bridge 9 is so generous to send me this free CD and a free poster. (The Candy Hearts poster and shirt as well as the free poster was not in the picture because I haven't buy frames for it). 

I already wore the shirt last week :)

~

When I bought my Dr. Martens last December, there's an additional order with that and I didn't mentioned it here because I'm patiently looking for a frame that will hold the posters.The posters was a photograph of Paramore taken by Sam Desantis and it arrived January and since then I was looking for the perfect frame that's 11x17 but I can't find one. There's a 12x16 in a bookstore that cost almost $7 each but that will not be a perfect fit and then I found a 11x17 locally that cost $10 each not included the shipping fee and I need 3 frames! I don't know why it took me so long to realize that I can find one in the states and the frames were my order last July 4th. The frames that I ordered cost $12 for 3 frames at Walmart I just spend $20 for everything including the shipping fee straight to my house. Do the math.


I still have a few posters to be framed and I think I'll buy the frames next time. I know I will never find the right size here and I will never waste time again looking for the right size in the mall because the other posters were 12x18 and 18x24 and I already found the same frames that I ordered on Walmart and I just need a budget and everything will be okay. If this posters waited months to be framed then the others can wait too. Not to mention that my 18x24 posters are with me now for years. I think a little more waiting game will not hurt.
I just need to figure out on which side of my room to hang this. 

Again, Thank you Californila and I think its safe to say thank you specifically to Jane who arranged my orders. Thank you so much and I hope you will never stop doing this kind of business because its amazing. Thank you and till next time! :)


Seriously, what are you waiting? Don't waste time roaming around the mall go online and shop in the US via Californila! 



Ain't it fun 
Living in the real world


No comments:

Post a Comment