Tuesday, January 07, 2014

On Repeat . Call It Off

Call It Off by Tegan and Sara

As usual, we are on our way to the mall, my earphones are on when this song played and I just put it on repeat.

I love the intro, how slow it is and the meaning.

I search on the magical world of the interwebz on what's the real meaning of this and I found out that it was about the Myspace-stalking of Tegan. When you know the meaning the song itself changes your perspective about it.

I can relate to the stalking (but now on facebook) part and I still do it once in a while oh and that's what I feel when I'm browsing my newsfeed and that's why I'm not usually on facebook.

Maybe I like it because it fit on my relationship with my (ex)best friend oh wait it fits on all of my ex-friends. Its not that I'm still not over it but just like a song, you will never care if it was released in the 80's, 90's or whenever but as long as you experienced something like it you just want to listen and remember but definitely not bury yourself in the same situation that you've been thousand of days ago. Sometimes its more on over looking the past, how messed up you are after a heartbreak, a friendship that you once thought will last forever. Remembering will not hurt, sometimes, it will make you smile because you'll realize after those fucked up days you're still standing tall, smiling.  

And I don't know how many times I'll say I love this song so instead of putting I-love-this-song-comment just listen to it. Tell me if you like it or not it. 


"Call It Off"
I won't regret saying this
This thing
That I'm saying
Is it better than
Keeping my mouth shut
That goes without saying
Call, break it off
Call, break my own heart
Maybe I would have been
Something you'd be good at
Maybe you would have been
Something I'd be good at
But now we'll never know
I won't be sad
But in case
I'll go there
Everyday,
To make myself feel bad
There's a chance
I'll start to wonder
If this was the thing to do
I won't be out long
But I still think it better if
You take your time
Coming over here
I think that's for the best
Call, break it off
Call, break my own heart
Maybe I would have been
Something you'd be good at
Maybe you would have been
Something I'd be good at
But now
We'll never know
I won't be sad
But in case
I'll go there
Everyday,
To make myself feel bad
There's a chance
I'll start to wonder
If this was the thing to do
I'll start to wonder
If this was the thing to do


ps. I can't stop listening to Tegan and Sara since I saw them live last November 25, 2013! Can't wait to see them again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment