Saturday, July 21, 2012

FEU Pep Rally: The Exhibition Game

I don't know if you know but I was excited that UAAP will be open again for a new season and in preparation of every school there will be the usual Pep Rally to introduce the current athletes who will play on each sport,  I have a picture of each team like from Chess, Volleyball, Fencing, Basketball, etc. It will just be burden to me to put every group photo in which I forgot what are those team except for volleyball and basketball, so I decided not to put the group picture anymore ... I went to FEU last July 9, 2012 to get some UAAP Opening tickets but SM tickets didn't distribute the tickets to the participating school properly (because the whole week only upper box and general admission is on FEU, unlike last year when it was in Araneta tickets were distributed properly, and I don't know what's wrong / happened to SM tickets .. maybe they are not prepared yet) luckily, Gem is free that day and pep rally is scheduled by 3pm at the gym so we went there for so many reason ... HAHAHA and after introducing the last team, one of the coaches of the FEU Men's basketball team says that there will be an exhibition game between the current players and some Alumni (meaning some PBA stars!) haha. I do watch UAAP when I was in high school and now I forgot who are the players before .. HAHAHA. As far as I remember the present alumni players were: Arwind Santos, Denok Miranda, Jeff Chan, Jonas Villanueva and some familiar faces and some I don't really know (sorry).

So to be fair with the every team that was introduced, I just put the photos of the exhibition game (bias because the men's basketball team is included.. lol). 

Since the FEU Gym area is being renovated the area for the students is too small good thing students are allowed to be seated on the court side.  

I'm amazed when the they do group talk (gosh, I don't know what to call this group hug? group meeting?) HAHAHA but the jammas is mopping the area (maybe he want to be on the team. HAHA

Finally, a nice photo (my photography skill is being tested when I'm watching basketball) for example on this photo: I like how they are all listening and the how crowded all of their feet and nice shoes. I just love this photo.

Zoomed out photo, still on that group hug / group meeting of them together with their Nike poster way back Season 73 (?) I'm not sure ... 


Jens Knuttel - his last playing year for FEU was last season but I'm sure you can still catch him on PBA D-League when it open a new season (maybe soon) 

on the 3rd quarter Arwind Santos played already!!!!!! The PBA Petron Blaze star!!!! :)

not so perfect photo but I just like the transition of this photo .. the upper photo  was  .. when someone is on the free throw line and you know what will happen after ... hehe

Jonas Villanueva (his name is familiar but I don't remember seeing him play before)

Jeff Chan with the back of Arwind Santos and Carl Cruz while Mac Belo on the free throw line

the shoes

Arwind Santos, **** (I don't know the other guy), Denok Miranda, Jeff Chan and Jonas Villanueva

Final score: tie at 81 but there's no OT because it's an exhibition game .. but over all it was a good game. 
How I wish there's Barocca, Aldrech, Paul Sanga, Pipo, Cervantes and Ping ... 

This is a super late post but it feels good to see a basketball game again after a month of not watching one live ... 
UAAP Opening will be on a different post but I'll be posting Nicki Minaj experience first since it happened before the UAAP Opening. hehe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment