Thursday, August 20, 2015

Twenty One Pilots Live in Manila

If you read my On Repeat post about Blurryface and Car Radio then you know that I was looking forward to see the duo. 

Good thing Tyler was feeling better because they cancelled a show in Taipei due to throat infection earlier that week. 

This show was announce a month before the actual date so it was a shocking for me but fortunately, it was technically a mall show. I was choosing if I'll watch in Alabang or Trinoma and since I'm on a budget, I just decided to see them once in Trinoma. 

The show will be at 6PM and I was so surprised when I arrived at Trinoma before 2PM that there are people already finding the perfect spot inside the mall on the second and third floor. I was planning to eat first but when I saw the situation, I knew I have to change my plans. I went on a fast food to take out some burgers and a drink then I'll walk around to find a perfect spot so I can shoot. Yep, I brought my trusty camera. 

I decided to shoot them because when I was on a hype watching some of their live show, I realized that they are different and I don't want to waste this moment of not capturing pictures plus, I'm missing to shoot and on usual concerts you can't bring DSLR. 

I can't find a perfect spot since almost all of them were taken when I was looking for a position and to be honest, I took an advantage of a kid in a wheel chair and I just stand on her back because I can see the drums the front mic and somehow the chair area of the piano and both of the lightning frames because somehow, I know that Tyler will climb that during Car Radio. 

Personally, I was so surprised to see their fan base here in Manila. They're not the typical duo/band that kids here do listen to and some of our radio stations here or the music channel are biased by playing the same music every single day. But I know that social media is one huge thing why these people know about the guys, the same way I discovered them 2 years ago. 

Then the people got curious. They pushed some trying to see on who will perform or what is happening since everyone was waiting for the show to start. I almost got a good spot but this baby and her guardian was on a perfect spot and I doubt that they knew who will be the performer and they just stayed there for a while until they got tired and left and I missed that spot someone fill in that spot right away because fans wants a good view. 

It was so hard to shoot when on your left, there was this girl capturing the whole show on her iPad while on the right there was a tall guy. I'm a passive aggressive so there were times that I was pushing the girl on my left because those people doesn't know how to respect the kid that was sitting on the wheel chair. 

Overall, it was a good show and luckily it was free because if its not then I have to let go of ATL or Echosmith. Hopefully next time it will not be a mall show and if it will be a mall show please make sure that getting a VIP will be easy. 

Though, the lighting wasn't good because its a bit dark and you should know that Tyler and Josh only wears black or dark shades of clothing during show. The sound system wasn't that good because its an open space and its a mall.

I was also surprised when most of them are rapping along during Car Radio.  

Twenty One Pilots will now be on my list of must-see-live because of the energy and awesomeness. 

Fyi, I stood there from 2pm - 6pm waiting. I know some were there already from opening time. What does dedication means. But its all worth it. 


more photos on my Tumblr -> My Photographs


I have these thoughts
So often I ought
To replace that slot
With what I once bought
'Cause somebody stole
My car radio
And now I just sit in silence


No comments:

Post a Comment