Friday, August 21, 2015

All Time Low with The Maine Live in Manila


Stuck in traffic... because it's on MOA. :|

The first time ATL was here was back in 2011. I was able to watch that in Araneta and it was EPIC. The second time was during Bazooka 2013 and I wasn't able to watch that then today the third time, I decided not to miss it. Why? Because The Maine are joining them! The Maine have been here for a couple of times now and usually they are playing small shows but this time they're playing at MOA Arena. I haven't seen them live so I'm excited! 

Even though it's MOA and it's a busy week for me, I decided to go with this. I don't want to add another one on my concert-regrets-list. 

I hope everything will be worth it after the show today. Well it will be for sure. 

I've been listening to their previous records too because lately, I'm just stuck on listening American Candy and Future Hearts. 

.....mantra

Since I already on to this trip, I need to sacrifice one thing and that is I'm not going to avail some merch. Bummer. I know but ever since I know how to avail from the US that's not bummer at all. 
Lots of fans are here! So many people who are wearing band merch and you know what that means! I was supposed to wear band merch but my ATL shirt from 2011 show is already small for me. Lol
Since I'm not that updated with their live shows, I don't even know if the 'bra' is still a thing. Haha 
If dslr are good to go then I will not think twice to bring mine but it's MOA. 

~

Already inside and whoever to blame on the "the show will not start until everyone is seated" is the most bummer thing. Why would you put chairs on the patron at the first place? This is not film or an acoustic set or any formal event. This is a fucking rock show. Good thing I didn't purchase patron but I feel so sorry for those people who are there. Alex do even require people to stand on some part of the show. Minutes later they are already putting barricades on the aisle so no one can stand and go to the front! I really feel sorry for the fans on the patron section.

I can't help but compare to the Paramore show last 2013 here. There are chairs at the back of patron but the other half on front was so clear that's why we enjoyed the show. And I think that's the reason why you open the door/gate early so people on the patron section can avail the first-come-first-serve on the front. 

Let's all waste our time on arranging the patron seats.

~

After show..... 

What an AMAZING SHOW. 
NO REGRETS. 
IT WAS WORTH IT. 

This was the first time I saw The Maine and not bad at all! Though the light dudes can't give Pat a nice spot light. I was expecting more songs and maybe a few acoustic songs. I don't know how many songs they covered but I think their show was a bit short for a 10 or more songs. But yeah it was all good! Thumbs up! 

Before I rant to many unwanted stuff that happened before the show, I'll just move on to All Time Low.

My ears hurt so bad! As well as my throat! (in a good way).

All Time Low is really a band that you don't want to miss live. Their amazing. Alex communicates well with the audience plus you will understand every single word that he and Jack says. 

The seat I got wasn't the best one but I think even you're on the farthest part of the arena, you will not get bored and for sure you will give your full attention to them. 

Compare to the first time I saw them, the crowd really add up this time and younger fans! (geez, I feel old). But with ATL no matter what your age, gender, nationality is as long as you're a fan and listen to their music, I think you will be jumping and will sing along to every song. 

It's surprising that they do invite fans now on stage! (that's the bonus to some who were invited on stage despite of what happened earlier with the no-show-if-not-seated)

My heart is so happy and full filled. 

I only brought a point and shoot camera and my GoPro so I'll try to edit some (hopefully) good-photos and nice-videos soon on my Tumblr probably one or two months later. Haha. 

I'll miss them again but they're very active on social media and they still have the Full Frontal which I may start to listen again so it will lessen my separation anxiety to the guys. (advantage of the internet). 

Thank you, The Maine and All Time Low for such an amazing night that you let us escape reality for a while and mostly, thank you for your music! 

I love you guys so much and hopefully, I'll see you again soon! 

Love,
Aivrin (a dreamer that wishes to meet and to be on stage with her favorite band/s)



No comments:

Post a Comment