Monday, September 15, 2014

FYI, I'm a Girl . Eyelashes


Just like any other girls, my eye lash is not long and just so dull on everyday basis. Last year, I already knew about Shu Uemura eyelash curler but as pricey as it is for me, I will just let it pass. 

Recently, I started to watch make-up-related-videos again particularly anything related to lipstick and mascara. I will post my new purchases of lipstick maybe next week or so but now lets talk about lashes. 

My first mascara was a drug store product and it was a local brand Fashion 21 this was when I was just started to get curious about make up (last year) but of course it wasn't that great but as I'm using it everyday I also started to search what is good and as I'm on a budget, I don't like buying bunch of product just to try it out. Instead, I watch YouTube reviews and read some blog posts. 

Here's one disadvantage of make up products, you have to buy it first before you realize if it's good or bad for you or on your skin or you don't like the formula or it doesn't meet your expectation because that product got good reviews but when you use it you realize you two weren't meant to be. 

My second mascara was from NYX and I like it and so far the best thing I tried. Haha. I'm just on my third tube of mascara and I'm just waiting for this Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volum' Express (Waterproof) to dried-up so I can replace it. I don't like it but I just wanted to try it because Maybelline mascaras are so popular. Ok fine, the only thing I don't like in this mascara is its so hard to take it off. Usually, friday is the last day of the week that I put make up on except if I have to go somewhere on a Saturday but that's like once in a blue moon. If I don't have walk on a Saturday, I don't apply mascara usually until Sunday but surprisingly, sometimes until Sunday there's still some mascara on my lashes. Even make up remover, wet tissue and even washing my face every night can't remove the full mascara that I applied and I'm always scared to rub everything off because I'm scared that my eyes will be irritated. Unlike the NYX one, it can easily be removed even just a wet tissue and my lashes are free from mascara after a day and it doesn't smudge too. Its waterproof but at the same time its easy to remove. 


I'm still searching for the next tube that I will purchase so I'm in the hunt and that's why I'm watching some yYouTube videos again. At some point, I was convince that eyelash curler don't do so much work for a Kardashian eyelash but its all about the mascara but my aunt bought this Shu Uemura eyelash curler and I tried it and wow this curler at some point do the work but still at the same time, you need a good mascara. So at the end of the day I think mascara are the one who are responsible for a good looking eyelash and not an expensive eyelash curler. Even eyelash curler hurts sometimes, go for a drug store one just to warm up the eyelashes and let the mascara do the job. 

Mascara are not like lipstick to me, I can buy a bunch of lipstick but I will only use one mascara until it dried-up. My reason is, lipstick have different shades where you can show off your mood of the day or just because you don't want to look so pale but mascara its just for your lashes you can just put it once unlike lipstick where you need re-apply after morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, coffee break, and dinner. 

I'm confused if I should try another Maybelline or just move on to a Cover Girl or a Face Shop or just go back to NYX. Maybe that's a little difference about Cruelty-free products. 

I'm open to suggestion so if you are reading this and you are willing to share what works best for you let me know. :)


"A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant" - Coco Chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment