Saturday, August 23, 2014

On Repeat . Pure Heroine

Pure Heroine by Lorde
Rolling Stone USA - January 2014

As my addiction to music grow I learned that its hard to keep on each artist or each member of the band most especially if we are living in a different timezone. Paramore, Candy Hearts, You Me At Six and All Time Low are just the few that I keep tracking but when it comes to a new artist that I just started to listen sometimes I really don't keep track and imagine if I keep tracking for everyone from the vocalist to the bass guitarist to the lead guitar to the keyboard player to the drummer, uhhh its hard like that. So instead of following everyone, I subscribed to different music websites and get updates from them once in a while. Unless I'm bored at night then I stalk some artists on twitter.

I also stop bashing different artist just because I don't like their music. I started to appreciate them and their craft because let's be honest doing what they do is like a gift and a curse.

When I heard about Lorde last year I didn't pay attention but early this year when 'Royals' is all over the radio and music channel I give her a shot and listen to Pure Heroine. Now my playlist always have a song from Lorde. I don't memorize everything but its good for my ear and its also a good reminder. After a few, I started to research and damn it she's just 17!!!! What a talented girl. Girl power.

I can't pick a favorite since all of her songs are pretty much my life now or before or in the future and I'm pretty sure everyone who love her feel the same thing.

I saw one of her performance live and I read some comments that she's acting weird on stage, blah blah (reminder: she's just 17!). Let's face it some people are not good live but his/her album is beyond amazing and you just need to research before watching live or before purchasing a new record from a new artist unless you really have that faith that a new record from an artist will be amazing.

A little research will not hurt so do it and learn something you don't know about them or their album.

Here's my favorite lines from each song but mostly, I really love each songs

Tennis Court - Pretty soon I'll be getting on my first plane | I'll see the veins of my city like they do in space

400 Lux - We're never done with killing time | Can I kill it with you?

Royals - We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.

Ribs - And I've never felt more alone | It feels so scary getting old

Buzzcut Season - I live in a hologram with you

Team - We live in cities you'll never see on screen | Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things

Glory and Gore - You could try and take us (oh-oh) | But victory's contagious

Still Sane - Only bad people live to see their likeness set in stone

White Teeth Teens - I'll let you in on something big | I am not a white teeth teen

A World Alone - Maybe the Internet raised us, or maybe people are jerks.

No Better - Go all the way | Have your fun, have it all

Bravado - I'll find my own bravado

Million Dollar Bills - There's nothing I want but money and time | Million dollar bills and a tick tick tick tick

The Love Club - The only problem that I got with the club | Is how you're severed from the people who watched you grow up

Biting Down - Listen to the beats resound (It feels better biting down)



If being wrong's a crime, I'm serving forever
If being strong is what you want, then I need help here with this feather
If being afraid is a crime, we hang side by side
At the swingin' party down the line
Swingin Party | Lorde


No comments:

Post a Comment