Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Hong Kong 2023 . July 19 (Day 1)

Started my day literally by 12mn on booking a Grab I know that there will be a minimal percent that I will get a ride. I started trying when in just almost done getting ready I haven’t wear my docs and I haven’t brought my bags downstairs and I got a ride. I rushed downstairs and wore my docs. Just like that I’m off to the airport after a full day of work rested a bit and took a shower before leaving. 

I planned to nap on my ride to the airport but somehow it scares me a little since it’s 12mn. Good thing there’s no traffic and I’m a the airport in less than an hour. 


Gem was so excited she got there 30 minutes before I arrived. 


Airport (1am) - makes me shocked that there were no more baggage scanners at the entrance. Paid our travel tax because I didn’t included that on our plane tickets yet. 


Probably a week before our flight I checked our flight details because I also want to print it then I realized that I added a baggage on our way to Hong Kong and not on our way back. I immediately added another baggage for our way back. Upon checking on the kiosk we can’t check in there because we got a check in baggage. I’m so ready not to use it but Gem insisted that we use it. If only that’s the case I should’ve bought the bigger luggage and my blower. Lol 


Cebu Pacific got numerous complaints about changing flights, delays and so much more so that added some anxiety in me about flying with them. We got a little problem upon checking in our baggage, the system went offline. That’s one reason why you should be really early for your flight. We waited maybe less than 30 minutes in there before it became online again. 


Immigration - another reason why you should be early because this is another challenge you have to deal with the line gets longer and people somehow do missed their flights because of it and the officer is another story. 


I got my passport clean because I renewed it late 2019 and the world stopped. I worry that I should bring my old one just to be sure. When I’m at the counter and my passport was scanned I knew by the officer’s face that my travel history is shown on his monitor and asked me about my job and when is my date of return and I’m cleared on immigration. 


Our flight is at 5:50am and we are very much relaxed now on our boarding gate by 2am. 

Tried to sleep but we can’t and by almost 4am we changed gate and we decided to eat first before going to our new gate. 


So sleepy that I just wanted to sleep on the plane. 


I didn’t book a seat but they put us on the first row. Yay as if we needed to be extra cautious because it’s an exit but sorry we just want to sleep. Haha. Thankful for the crew for putting the window closed as I sleep because I forgot to get my sunglasses on my bag before they ordered to put everything on top. 


Contrary to some issues, our flight is on time and landed minutes early than the original time. I literally woke up in another city. 





Booked our Octopus card and pocket wifi via Klook and smoothly we got it just presented the QR code from the email. 

 

A friend of Gem has a family in Hong Kong and someone they know fetch us at the airport because they arranged where we are going to stay. 


Went to Sha Tin first and I’m confused why we went there first other than there’s a bus to that stop. We ate there at Ocean Empire some congee and some other good food. 


We almost got into worst case scenario on an escalator after we almost fell like a domino. Without a proper sleep and all, I’m somehow thankful for my 2 year working out session for giving me some right strength and instinct on what to do.


Went to the place we are going to stay which to be honest is okay as long as it is safe and we are just going to be us on the room. Unfortunately there’s another person in our supposed room. (Not going to discuss it further more but going to mention it again on the next one). 


I’m also not so sure why we took the long route going to that place when clearly there’s a more easy way. By then my new luggage had its first bumpy road and already got some scratches. Hehe


We settle and rest for a bit and since we can’t talk when there are other people around, I silently search where we are heading on our first night. Learned the MTR, we went out by almost 7pm and it still so bright found that Jollibee around the corner. Got confused for the first time with Google Maps. 


Easy choice for our first night, Avenue of Stars which I didn’t appreciate much because of too much people. We even saw some people from our flight that morning. Walked almost 5km on our first night trying to figure out Tsim Sha Tsiu.


Back where we are staying by 9pm and maybe I was instantly knock out. 


Gem wasn’t feeling well already that night. 


My Photographs: Hong Kong 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment