Saturday, September 09, 2023

Hong Kong 2023 . July 22 (Day 4)

Finally we can move freely and not be worried if we are a disturbance to others. 

We woke up at 6:30AM and started to move since we are going to Ocean Park. 


Ate breakfast at Mcdo then took the train to Ocean Park 


Originally we really wanted to do both Ocean Park and Disneyland but due to our poor planning and that uncertainty on our first days, we have to let go of one and we decided to let go of Disneyland also Ocean Park is much cheaper. Haha 


My sister even said that Ocean Park is more enjoyable than Disneyland.


I somehow watched some travel vlogs about Hong Kong in general and for Ocean Park on what to expect and some tips. 





We arrived at 9AM and the park opens at 10AM. We lined up and I’m already amazed how that place is divided on 2 places and that other part of the park is at the other side of the mountain. I thought when I was watching vlogs that it was just a short trip to the other side but it was a bit far and I just realized that when we rode the Cable Car. I was already amazed how they built a train inside the mountain. 


We went around first on the main land where the Aquarium is located. I know about the panda and some animals but I don’t have high expectation. 


~


Side story: the only vlog that I really do watch daily ever since 2020 is Brian Barczyk. I always love snakes and never thought that people do make reptiles their own pet not until I saw Mr. Brian and discovered much of reptile community in the states. Mr. Brian have “The Reptarium” in Michigan and now he is building his “Legacy Aquarium”. The animal lover in me is happy when I watch and see the animals they have. Since it is hard to keep a reptile with the weather in this side of the world, hopefully one day I will be able to visit The Reptarium. 



Even I’m not part of planning the Legacy Aquarium I somehow imagined that the aquarium at Ocean Park will just be like at the Legacy Aquarium like how Mr. Brian talks about the fishes and some other plans for their animals. 


Next in the aquarium is the Golden Monkey and the other Panda. Unfortunately, I already read it somewhere that the Panda died couple of weeks ago. After in there we went to where the other panda is staying. 


I will not elaborate but I saw a lot and my animal lover heart was happy that day and watching Mr. Brian gave me some knowledge about reptiles and animals in general. 


But I can’t contain it so here are some of the animals that really makes me so ecstatic about it:


  • Panda (of course) 
  • Salamander 
  • Sloth (even though they are sleeping)
  • BALL PHYTON (my dream animal to own but I’m don’t have much knowledge on how to take good care of one) and if only the kids are not so amazed by it I might ask the care taker if I can hold it
  • Penguins !!!!! (Cuties) 
  • Green Tree Python
  • Different kinds of frogs
  • ARAPAIMA (one of Mr. Brian’s dream animal) 
  • GREEN ANACONDA (which I was able to watch giving birth for 41 babies on Mr. Brian’s Youtube) 
  • Sting Rays, Sharks and Dolphins 
  • Meerkat, an Aldabra tortoise 
  • Koi fish and some more different kind of fish and turtles 


That concludes our Ocean Park adventure. 


I did enjoy much seeing animals that I have saw some from the first time and now hyped because I only see those at the Mr. Brian’s vlog so I’m happy about it and you can’t see those on Disneyland. 


We were back at TST by 6PM and done with dinner before 7PM and since we are tired from Ocean Park and need to be early tomorrow, we decided to call it a day. 


So happy but because of the weather, my arms are tanned but I’ll take that than having rain on our visit to Ocean Park.


My Photographs: Hong Kong 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment