Sunday, October 03, 2021

A Change of Perspective

 



I always want to chase the sunset if I can unfortunately I’m doing work stuff during those hours. I’m satisfied if I got a glimpsed of a sunset sky if I'm lucky which are very minimal. That was during pre-pandemic what more right now.


Sky is my thing, I love seeing fluffy clouds with different shape & sizes from time to time. 


Honestly, there is a way to do it even I'm just here at home but sometimes you really got to go somewhere higher to appreciate it more. it will also be a little escape or breather for a day or maybe for the whole week but in my case, it was a breather for almost two years even it was just for 3 hours. 


Staring at this open sky, being above of almost everyone else, being able to breathe some fresh air with mask or sometimes without is so refreshing. 


I somehow wanted to cry. 


I miss being free. 


Those times when you don't have to worry too much. 


I remember specifically when I felt the same emotion. I was roaming around Marina Bay Sands in Singapore with friends staring at the buildings and when we are on our way back to Santa Fe from Carabao Island in Romblon during sunrise. 


It was unbelievable. 


Those moments were so relaxing. That feeling when you know that even everything is currently so fucked up, you know that everything will eventually be okay.


It was so hard to find the light feeling of our current reality. We know at some point that we will be okay, that everything will eventually be okay even we don't know what will happen on the next hours. 


Being able to escape for a few hours was a need even I thought for a moment that I shouldn't leave.


It was a moment of silence in my head.


It was liberating for the time being.


It was an escape


I know how busy life is down there but we were somewhere higher and it feels like a different world. There was someway of freedom. 


Not sure how everyone is doing in this pandemic most especially if you are living in this country where it feels like we are being left behind by thousands of steps. 


It’s hard to plan things out these days but there are certain things I look forward to. 


I look forward to the day that I might be back in this place or any other place where I can watch the sunset freely without thinking too much things; Random surprises from M are one of them. 


But on a daily basis of this current reality a stressed free weekend are somewhat okay as long as I can get some more sleep than usual.  


Hopefully we can go back on planning things out, when we can finally hangout with friends again, be freely breath without a mask (but personally mask are more welcome to stay than face shield). 


Still, I'm thankful for a lot of things.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment