Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Pod Sibs Book Club . A Man Called Ove (Dec 2019)


First thing first, there are so many quotable quotes in this book. 

I love this book. A perfect breather coming from The Stand (lol) but I took a very long break after The Stand that I wasn't able to join the discussion for this book. I spend time catching up on some series and it was a good break. 

When I decided to switch reading on digital than an actual book, I think this was the first book digitally that I got a lot of highlighted lines. 

Pre-digital era, I write quotes on a notebook but now, highlight is the key. 

I didn't really expect so much on this book as long as it is not as long as The Stand.

My favorite scene will be all of the events that prevented him from doing it. Sonja is happy about that too. 

I tried to watch the movie adaptation after but I know that I will just rant on how it is different from the book but I did watch a few scene and movies really ruin my imagination.


Btw, I'm a little bit of an Ove and Sonja. I can't be just Ove or a Sonja. 



"He was a man of black and white.
And she was color. All the color he had"

A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman



No comments:

Post a Comment