Friday, October 26, 2018

On Repeat . Trench


Waited for this record for a while and when it was released together with Malibu Nights, I have to let go of one so I can listen to the other. weird

I actually can't listen to this first. I was already invested my time on listening to song released song of LANY from Malibu Nights and I want my ears to be sick about the album before moving on to Trench since I know, I'll listen to it non-stop. Well I have to memorize and indulge on every word of this album.

One Sunday where I decided that I'm so done with LANY or any sad love song just for a reason my overthinking-self is torturing me. I stopped listening to it then listen to After Laughter for a while then the next day, I started to listen to Trench.

I want to feel angry with the world and I expected something like super angry song from this album and I was disappointed at first but its slowly growing in me right now. It's not as angry as the previous album but there's still something, you know. 

I'm listening to it for 10 days now and I'm loving it more. I need The Bandito Tour, fyi.

No specific favorite but Chlorine, Levitate and Neon Gravestones is like my new Car Radio, Migraine and Holding On To You. Would love to memorize all these words.

Since I can't always pick a favorite, here are my favorite lines. 

Jumpsuit - Jumpsuit, jumpsuit cover me

Levitate - You can levitate with just a little help

Morph I'll morph to someone else | Defense mechanism mode

My Blood - Stay with me, no, you don't need to run | Stay with me, my blood, you don't need to run

Chlorine - Hide you in my coat pocket, where I kept my rebel red

Smithereens - You know I had to do one on the record for her like this

Neon Gravestones - Neon gravestones try to call

The Hype - No, I don't know which way I'm going | But I can hear my way around

Nico And The Niners - Save your razorblades now, not yet

Cut My Lip - Though I am bruised | Face of contusions | Know I'll keep moving | Know I'll keep moving

Bandito - I could take the high road | But I know that I'm going low | I'm a ban-I'm a bandito

Pet Cheetah - No, I move slow | I want to stop time | I'll sit here 'til I find the problem

Legend - You were one of those classic ones

Leave The City - In time, I will leave the city | For now, I will stay alive


I love this album with all these words, voice of Tyler and of course the beat of drums by Josh and all the instruments as well as the sound of a Vulture. EPIC. 

This will be on repeat for a long while. 



Last year
I needed change of pace
Couldn't take the pace of change
Moving hastily
But this year
Though I'm far from home
In TRENCH I'm not alone
These faces facing me

They know
They know
What I mean



No comments:

Post a Comment