Saturday, October 13, 2018

On Repeat . Malibu Nights



I love this album.

I know its cliche but seriously how can you not hate this?

First, this is obviously a product of a heartbreak which we are all familiar with. Personally, I do try to write for personal purposes only but I asked myself "How can Paul write such songs and somehow doesn't sound so redundant?".

As a follow up to their self-titled, this album doesn't disappoint. 

Currently, I don't relate to the heartbreak part but on each song I do have a favorite (as usual) 

1. Thick And Thin - Said you'd be there for me through everything | Said that you'd have my back with anything

2. Taking Me Back - So baby won't you slow down | This can make or break us

3. If You See Her - I know I'm not perfect but we were

4. I Don't Wanna Love You Anymore - Sometimes I just wanna talk for a minute | But I can't bring myself to call

5. Let Me Know - Let me know if there's something I can do to fix it | Let me know if you ever change, if you ever change, your mind

6. Run - Just make sure you don't run back to me when you're done

7. Valentine's Day - No matter what I tell myself | She's not as good, she's not as good | She's not as good as you, no

8. Thru These Tears - Control my thoughts | Convincing myself it's your loss

9. Malibu Nights -  Every thought when it gets late | Puts me in a fragile state

My favorite and my mood for the past week was Malibu Nights. Every word is too much. 

These songs can make you feel sad but in a good way. 

Paul, in every song I felt your words. 

Congrats LANY. Hope to see you again soon!!!




Your voice is not the only home in this album, it's also the words you wrote.



I drive circles under street lights
Nothing seems to clear my mind
I can't forget, get this out my head so
I drive chasing Malibu nights
Nothing seems to heal my mind
I can't forget


No comments:

Post a Comment