Sunday, September 23, 2018

Paramore Live in Manila 2018




Months ago I was really frustrated for not having ticket to the Manila show. How am I going to miss the show in my own country. I can't handle that. That's why when it started to sell tickets and became sold out after few minutes (yes, minutes not hours) in November and December  2017, it was frustrating. 

I booked everything and decided to see them in Jakarta and stay there until the day after the Manila date in February. The show was cancelled for Jakarta and Manila and rescheduled for August. 

Giving me time to still hunt for the Manila tickets. I was still hopefully then they announced an additional date which was SG but as cheap as the tickets are, SG is already expensive just the plane ticket alone, how will I survive. Lol. I checked plane tickets and compute the possible budget that I need plus the Jakarta show and I realized that I will not be able to make SG possible. 

When the show was cancelled in Jakarta (February) I told my friends that if it's possible to make an Asian tour then we will at least do it too. We'll, didn't work for me but my friends did it SG-MNL-JKT. Next time. Next time. 

One more option is hunt for Manila tickets. Due to the reschedule date, some who already got their tickets can't make it already or they are just going to another shows since new concerts were announced. I still wonder how these people who got tickets to the show will not somehow make it a priority. Well, the distribution of tickets in Manila most especially MOA Arena is the worst. 

Side story, I’m not sure if I told this already but when the show in Jakarta was cancelled I check SM Tickets and guess what, 1st row of VIP tickets in Manila are on sale. Wtf right unfortunately, my card won’t work that time for security purposes. 

I always check tickets availability even on some online seller even they are selling it double the price or some are for triple. When I realized that I really can't make SG possible with the needed budget, I somehow told myself that it's okay to purchase a ticket that's at least lesser than a SG budget. I can't missed the Manila show, I just can't. 

I think it was July when I remembered about Stubhub. I was checking tickets there before and there, 2 or 4 VIP tickets for the Manila show are available. There are 2 which was being sold separately but the other 2 was on pair. The separated tickets are on double the price and to be honest, it will be much better than missing it, I'm already missing the SG date and I just really can't miss the Manila date. Yes, I bought one. 

I think it was exactly a month before the show when my ticket arrived and I was surprised that the SM branch where it was purchased was in Davao. I was somehow worried that it might be fake but Stubhub is an international platform so I trusted that. Being a holder of bunch of MOA Arena tickets (because of UAAP), I know it's legit but for my anxiety to go away, I already wanted to pass by the entrance gate just to know my ticket is legit.

I literally based our flight ticket after the Manila show (Aug 23) so we got to leave on the morning of the 24th, Jakarta show will be on the 25th and I just don't want to arrive on the day itself of the concert for us to have time to line up and at least experience barricade. 

So when I left the house on the 23rd I already brought everything. Problem is that my Flytpack didn't arrive on the 22nd! One of their agent called me and asking if I have a Manila address where they can send it right away and I gave my sister's dorm address in Sampaloc where I also decided to leave my bags before going to MOA then I just get it after the show and go straight to the airport. 

Manila show. 

I arrived in MOA like 5pm nearly 6pm and I just badly need to pee and go to my friends who are already in line but when it's MOA and have seat number, believe it they don't do that for nothing. Not fan of lining up if I got seated tickets I was thinking about this so I'm against lining up then Hayley posted an IG story when Reese was doing sound check and boom, there's chairs. Lol. Notified my friends about it then I just decided to eat first before going at the venue. 

I finished my early dinner and Dex told me that they're already inside the hall but still on line and they are on the first line I went inside and I was already on maybe the 10th row of the line where the staff are checking tickets if it's VIP 1 or 2. I called Ginnie and told her that I'm already there and then she was just talking to me and grab me and bought me on their spot. That's just line kids, we are going to be seated anyway. 

When we entered, we all ran but of course security got us no to barricade, go to your designated seat number. Classic move, MOA (but to be honest, I appreciate it. Safety purposes).

Then we just wait and chill inside. Due to lack of time, I wasn't able to publish one post (On Repeat. Bonnaroo) and I just edited there while waiting. 

When Reese opened the show, fans panicked thinking that they will be able to go in front but nope, MOA Arena and security!!! I was able to join my friends on their seat but after the set of Reese maybe 15-30 minutes before Paramore and I was just standing there. Good thing the security didn't mind me being not on my seat.

Then it was time. 

Paramore on stage opening with Grudges just like the Tour 5 setlist. Ever since Tour One, I can't imagine the "cry hard, dance harder" thing sure, I can dance and cry when listening to After Laughter but how to do the "cry hard, dance harder" at show?

Thankful for the friends I met because of the Jakarta show even it was cancelled, I made new friends turned as family and met some of their friends too mostly from Malaysia. 

Thankful for them I was able to dance harder during the show and somehow cry by myself during “26” which I was surprised since I'm not into crying but ever since "Last Hope" I know it's possible to cry at shows. 

One unfortunate side of having seats, some just stand on their seats and we did too even I was scared a bit if the chair can hold on. Haha then there's security again making us go down, we all followed anyway as long as no one was standing on chairs in front. 

I watched concerts alone before and I know that the dancing might not be the same when you have friends around most especially on a Paramore show but whatever, even I will be alone on a Paramore show, I will still be able to dance along.  

I got a hard time to share the experience as there's too much to share and I just want it all by myself and now, I'm having a hard time to remember details. One thing for sure, I was jumping and dancing for the first 5 songs and was so tired immediately. Hahaha old Paramore fans which was by the way thanks to the chairs, I can hold on to them and to the very good air condition of MOA Arena. Lol

Then Fake Happy with all the fake happy logo flying during the last stanza. 

I was really looking forward to acoustic session. Acoustic is one of my favorite on all shows. Never planned on which song to record on beside the acoustic and I wish I record more but I was also jumping, dancing, singing along the whole time too.


I haven't shared anything from the Manila show except 2 photos on my Instagram but you can search bunch on Youtube which was great quality, btw.

I'm happy that I was able to experience that with friends.

Manila was fun, memorable and special. 

09.11.18

My Photographs: Paramore Live in Manila 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment