Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hair Dye-ary . Neon

Wow. I think it has been a year since my last Hair Dye-ary post ... I will not be lazy this year to update since I'm so done with dip dye.

I retouched my dip dye first week of February

For the last 3 1/2 years, my hair was never once again stayed black. It's like once you get color you will never go black again.

3 1/2 years, 3 years with dip dye that some called it ombre while the 1/2 year was with some side streaks. I'm always afraid to touch my roots because my hair might hate me but it might happen this year. Haha. And everyone is doing ombre/dip dye and I'm just done with it.

I let my hair grow even the faded color is not pleasing anymore I want it all gone when I had a haircut.

Looking at some of my pics, I'm sick on how my colors are not visible unless you will get a nice photo that sometimes it's hard because it's all at the end. Prior to haircut day, I still don't know what portion of my head to dye. I planned to have a short hair this time but not short enough to be a boy-cut.

I'm on a tight budget lately and as I'm waiting for Good Dye Young (it doesn't ship in the Philippines yet), I decided to just order bleaching kit from Funkystreak and while waiting for GDY, I think it was also the time to empty the jar that's been with me for the last 2 years which was Electric Banana and Electric Lizard.

Last year was all about green (Venus Envy) because of UAAP and so fortunate that we won the championship but unfortunately we weren't there to cheer live. There was still some Venus Envy left that I used on my nephew and now that's just another empty jar.

I emptied my jar of Venus Envy to Dewey 

Also this time, I used more bleach on him that's why his hair is lighter than the usual result that I get (somehow golden). I still don't want to use one kit in one bleaching session because I'm scared to overcooked it but I'm learning.

This portion that I did was very last minute decision. I had an almost plain black hair for a few hours after haircut but I feel incomplete that's why I realized that I didn't took any picture with it. As I was staring at the mirror, I remember the way that I cut my hair last year when you need to tie all of your hair in front of your forehead so you will get instant layers. That's what I did and I honestly don't have any idea on how it will look like after.

I used more bleach than usual and voila my outside portion now is lighter than before. My hair was lighter than golden and I was so close on over cooking it (glad it didn't happen). Haha I never thought that it will be a huge portion and the only color that can fill my bleached hair is my Electric Lizard.

I don't use it very often before because usually when I get golden hair Electric Lizard and Banana wasn't that visible but this time it was a success.


This is the closest thing that I can do on dyeing the outer/upper area of my head and I'm loving ever moment of it.

No one saw my hair until the next day and I know it will catch attention and I was smiling huge when I went downstairs because my mom might freak out but I'm so surprised that she wasn't. Haha

It was so new to me and of course, I get stares that sometimes I can't help but smile and laugh a little. Haha. People around shouldn't be so surprised if I did a lot more portion next time and of course with different bright color I hate dark colors it's not visible at night.

It faded so fast that my neon hair just lasted for a week :( 


"You may call me crazy, but that's alright with me" - Playing with Fire | FTSK

No comments:

Post a Comment