Thursday, December 24, 2015

UAAP S78 . FINALS


Scheduled date were out early and we decided not to watch the first game live because MOA Arena is too far that we can just save for game 2.


Game one was such a good come back and it was so good to finally win against UST after beating us twice in the elimination.

Not one, not two but five players hit double digits and Orizu was one who made a huge improvement on the offense as well as on the defense. UAAP Basketball 24/7 even named him "Boy Dunking" because he just did 4 dunks..FOUR DUNKS. It's like he came out at the right time.


UST lead the game in the 4th quarter but FEU just make 14-0 run after that UST lead and game one goes to FEU.


Winning Game 1 take us a lot of memories from what we experienced last year. This time we know that we should not celebrate early because our hearts might be broken again after. Of course winning game 1 on a best of 3 series is a lot. It's always hard to keep up but it's harder to maintain the advantage.

~


Game two with the performance that our team showed last Wednesday (Game 1), we are somehow confident that they got this. Lhea decided to fly here in Manila from Palawan just to witness a game and her only live game for this year. Shout-out to our ninja move, Lhea! :D

UST win with a final score of 62-58. K3vin F3rr3r became 3 points monster during the 3rd quarter and UST scored 26 that quarter alone, 24 points all from F3rr3r. I never witnessed something like that before and good thing I did but dang, we will have game 3 aka do-or-die.


Once again, I lined up from 9am to 2pm for tickets. Screw the ticket system during UAAP Finals. (maybe I'll rant on another post)

~


Game Three venue is such a disappointment because, MOA Arena. Why do we extend this to G3? To be exciting? Okay. Hehe.

 A game 3 unused ticket - I'm not selfish and for sure I'm not going to enjoy watching live if my friends aren't there so I decided to keep it rather than selling it. I'm happy that I kept it because, his20ry.

To be honest, I'm panicking inside because we don't have tickets. (same feeling I felt during game 2 but since it was Araneta, I know that we will have tickets but I really hate that 1:1). Ever since eliminations I don't panic on game day maybe except that I had to watch the game against NU, alone. Most game days, I just want to have tickets then enter the venue that's why even we shouldn't panic on tickets I still chase them online. 

So, game three what can I say... even before the game day, I know that I should have a Plan A and B for our group.

Monday, SM said that they will release tickets online and on every SM ticket outlets because it was November 30 and that was a holiday where there's no classes and that was good because we don't need to line up on schools and more people will have a chance of getting tickets. 

10AM came and boom. Thank you SM you screwed everyone who lined up and us who waited online. Only 5 or less than who lined up got the chance to buy on different SM Malls and no one as in NO ONE was able to get tickets online.

Someone even got 30 tickets because he was fucking rich and he eventually sell it higher than the original price. F*ck you, scalpers.

We experienced Game 3 craziness last year and we know what might happen but this time it got worse. First the venue and then the tickets. 

I also regret not renewing my alumni card before the Finals. We should've renewed it during game 1. :(

Since there are too much craziness with this game 3, I already think of different plan. Plan A is to lineup for tickets and Plan B watch at Burgoo and there's no Plan C this time because we are in MOA not in Araneta if it was in Araneta, Plan C was to watch at Keith's place. 

Greg and I lined up and we never left the line until Gem and Keith was there. I can't believe we missed Game 3 live. It hurt so bad. I had tears when I saw Gem :( 

So yeah, plan b it is and we rushed to Burgoo and good thing we are there first then after we ordered the place is almost jam-packed.


To be honest, I don't clearly remember every detail of the game because I can feel it. I'm just waiting for it to happen.

And then, it happened. The signs are somehow true. (the curse of being MVP continues, we didn't have a player that belong to the mythical team, we have more wins in MOA and so on and forth)

We, the FEU Tamaraws is your UAAP S78 MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPION. 



Maybe I had tears? I don't know I can't remember. Haha. Still sad that we weren't able to be there inside the Arena (and maybe at some point I will never forgive MOA Arena because of that). But overall, we are happy and I believe that our players play better on MOA Arena because the flooring is better than Araneta as well as the lighting. 

That day didn't end up well personally and I will never go back on it again but just to give you some personal advice, if you are planning to flirt, don't use your friends for your own benefit.

Kevin Ferrer with only 6 points after that game 2 explosion. 

~

3 days later, game 2 was on replay and I tweeted that I can watch it already as long as game 3 will be next. Haha. Then I just realized how this and that happened and I was shocked that we are down for the last 2 minutes. Pogoy hit a 3 then Mike make a 2, there's a foul and Russel to the FT line and that was the last basket for S78.

I don't know who to blame with the flow of the program but I definitely witnessed a championship game and the televised post game awarding and most especially that cutting of the net from previous years and this time it wasn't shown on TV.


Plus the MVP trophy was left at the office at UP (I assume). Wow. Maybe the trophy doesn't have a ticket. Tsss.



credit to the owner of the photos and memes

We are the CHAMFEUNS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment