Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Day In The City


As much as I'm saving, I do choose when to get out of this town and when I do, I'm gone for the whole day.

I'm proud to say that I influenced another person to Dr. Martens and it was Gem! Yehey!

Dr. Martens posted that they will be having a Flash Sale at the Traffic branch in Trinoma on 13, 14 and 15 and Gem was waiting for this day because she really want a pair of 1460. Though she really wants the Cherry Red but she was heart broken when she found out that the classic are not included on the sale.

To top everything, my sister decided to left me that morning that I need to commute that early and it was a miserable experience. I love jeepney ride but not in the morning plus the traffic on a Saturday, it was horrible.

So my travel that morning to get to Trinoma was Jeepney from hometown to LRT Santolan to Cubao then transfer to MRT Cubao to North Ave. Good thing, Gem gave me already a beep card that can be used on every train so far on this country. So convenient. So good to know how to commute but mantraaaaa. Haha

We met around 11:30am where she was riding the train that I got into when it was in Cubao. Hehe. I went inside Trinoma already but she thought that I was still inside the train station so apparently she was waiting for me there. Haha.

Anyway, the last time I was in Trinoma was when I watched Twenty One Pilots last July and I already saw the store that time but since she's so excited I already asked where it is and we already headed that way.

The sale of Dr. Martens was not that bad but hopefully there will be more style soon. I'm still eyeing that Jadon.

We ate at Tokyo Tokyo for lunch. Then we headed back to MRT because we will go to the other end of the train which is Taft. It was my first time to ride the MRT from North to Taft before it was just for Cubao to Trinoma.

We are all aware of the problem of the MRT since it's always in the news and upon our train trip from North to Taft, I can't imagine if we encounter a problem most especially when it was a weekday where people need to be at the office or school at the certain time. Tsk

When we arrived on the other end of the train, Gem told me earlier that she will go to the salon for a hot oil treatment and I'm good with that because it's still early to be at MOA Arena for the 4pm game and I'm hating that I'll be watching the game live, ALONE. And I was nervous for that game and I had no one to talk to or to hold on when it's crucial time.

We didn't win that day.

Gem was in Benilde because it was Deaf Festival and that was the last day and she needs to be there. Keith have a duty and Lhea was in Palawan. I should've ask some people to come with me but if it's basketball it should be Brobabes because other people will never understand my beliefs or my observation during the game. I chose to be alone even I need to hold on to someone most especially on the last minute of the game and I need someone to comfort me after. I'm being childish and that's why I need Brobabes.

After that Gem offered to have dinner but she can't leave early from there and I need to get out of MOA since it will be super hard to escape that place because of APEC, traffic and it's a weekend.

I roam around for a while and I bought something for myself. It's hard to be defeated because I sometimes end up buying something for myself. Then the next day, I was thinking what to do with the bag that I bought. Great

I hop in to a bus to get to the Taft Station of MRT and realization kicks in. Too much information.
I'm typing this two weeks later and I'm not sure with the things that I realized that moment but one thing is for sure, the world is moving and I'm part of it.

When we got problems on our comfort zone sometimes the best way is go out there be part of the larger community where no one knows you, no special treatment and no one to depend on because you are on your own.

While you spend your day out there, you will see the different side where most of the time you're not part of it but it does exist. There is a life outside the box and you have to experience it once in a while to appreciate life. Some people may not go back to the comfort zone but if you need to go back, you will be charged and with the experience for a certain day for sure you will be thankful for some things that you are taking for granted.

I got to the MRT and from Taft I decided to take my usual route in Cubao than in Shaw/Ortigas because it's easier to have a ride to my hometown from there than to line up at Mega and I had enough to make myself realize some things and I'm back on appreciating my life and reality itself.

That was the first time that I totally commute from home to MOA and back

No comments:

Post a Comment