Thursday, November 20, 2014

Palawan . Day 2


Alarm is banging at 3am and then Gem woke me up as if it was a halftime of a basketball game. 

We left for El Nido at 4am. 

It was a good 6 hours drive from Puerto Princesa to El Nido and another 6 hours from El Nido to Puerto Princesa. The road trip was fun because most of the time, Gem and I was asleep or it was just me. Hehe


When we arrived in El Nido, I checked Twitter and boom typhoon Mario was doing his job and in just a snap most places in Manila, Quezon City and near provinces are flooded. First, its weird to watch and hear the news when I'm being far from Manila or to my hometown but good thing schools and universities suspend classes early so I don't need to worry about my sister.

~

It was raining in El Nido so island hopping was prohibited because of the current but after lunch time the skies somehow parted, there was a bit of sunshine and no more dark clouds so we were able to go to two islands. Yes, I have a reason why I need to go back to El Nido!



When we were on the boat, no one was talking as if we are all lost on our own thoughts and I was trying to remember everything I'm experiencing right at that moment that I don't see or do in my daily routine. I hope people from El Nido don't take that for granted, that place was amazingly beautiful. What more if I witnessed sunset in there. Every time that I go on a trip, there's always no sunset. Just like when we were in Boracay (2011) it was raining in July. Goal: to capture a beautiful Boracay and El Nido sunset. 


But Gem can't sleep when on our way back to Puerto Princesa because she was keeping our driver (her brother, JV) awake. If only I knew the way maybe I will volunteer to drive but their father was with us too to relieve JV and I know they will not allow me either so I just slept the whole ride back to Puerto Princesa. Hehe then we had Chaolong when we arrived at Puerto Princesa before going home. 

I didn't hold my camera most of the time in El Nido because it was raining but the memories will always be in my heart. 

Its been a week now after that El Nido trip and I'm missing the place so bad! - 09.26.14

DSLR are heavy but I don't like memories to be in a crappy picture just what I have on my iPad. To be honest, using a prime is challenging too. I just bought my 40mm just because what more if it was a 50mm? I'm still planning to buy a nifty-fifty. I also bought my TX5 but she had a seizure when we arrived in El Nido so she was suffering epilepsy since then. I'm planning to buy a GoPro hopefully on December so it will be a good replacement for my TX5. I'm so out of topic right now. I'll continue day 3 maybe tomorrow or the next day.

this was typed almost 2 months ago ... posting late is my forte at some point. lol but seriously, I'll post day 3 and 4 tomorrow or the next day. One post at a time.

My Photographs: Palawan


"I know places we can hide" - I Know Places | Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment