Thursday, June 18, 2020

Grocery Trip




In the past I'm ok for not leaving town for a while mostly to save money and if friends are busy what am I going to do out there right? Since we are locked down for the past couple of months, to be honest I'm missing the city.


The perks of living in a small town is quite okay during lock down since SM is just across the street, we can still go out of the house because village life.

I do grocery once a week and this is the only time we really did grocery to have stock of food. We usually don't do it since before we are mostly out and as I said, SM is just across the street we can go anytime when we need something but this time it was different. I was doing grocery and almost filling up a big cart. Usually after work for me to de-stress and for me to close my rings on my Apple Watch, I roam around SM at around 7pm to buy dinner or just look around, there are times that I will do quick grocery stop just to buy something and one last memory of before was I just hold what I buy just so I will not spend much. Recently, I just get what I see that may be needed or be useful at some point that is available because one day there's so much and the next day, there's already none.

Having some stock is not that bad to be honest. Some may call it hoarding but the way I do it, it's not just buy everything all at once. What I do is that every grocery trip, I buy milk since my sister is a milk monster I buy max of 10pcs (1L) of fresh milk then the next grocery trip if there's milk I get 4pcs (1L) and again on the next trip because sometimes there's no milk available. If you prefer a specific brand, you really have to stock up. On my personal stuff, for example on cotton buds, I buy 2 packs then if I open another pack I already list it as need to buy for the next grocery trip.

When someone saw my usual 3 each of shampoo and conditioner, she said it was much but it's handy if you already ran out of shampoo or conditioner and I don't like that and I use a specific brand that can be rarely find and very rare to be in stock at the grocery. Nearby SM doesn't even hold up so much unlike the other grocery or by SM Hypermarket.

Same with food, my sister will tell me that I once again bought a pack of crackers when we already have 10 packs at home but the dogs usually eat crackers 2-3 times a day so we really need that.

It's not hoarding if you are slowly filling your pantry but also don't abuse your stock.

One time my aunt ran out of specific brand of milk that she buy. I told her to buy more then next time she can buy 1-2 just to fill it up.

I once hoarded All Purpose Cream because it took weeks before it got stock up in the grocery and everyone is making something with All Purpose Cream. 

I recently hoarded Vanilla Extract since there were a lot at the grocery after months and the next day, they were none. 

Going out mostly means grocery trip and it still therapeutic even there are changes.

I also changed my SM trip, I don't usually go everyday if I can I still do once a week unless I need to go and buy some stuff and I do it now by 5pm because stores closes at 6pm but grocery is up to 7pm. Imagine that are my usual go to SM time but now they closes by that time. 

Missing the old times but I'm also loving this current reality we are in. I just hate that some people are still living like the usual when everything almost changed.

If you are not the one assigned doing your weekly grocery, I hope it is also therapeutic for you too. 

Keep safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment