Thursday, April 09, 2020

Pod Sibs Book Club . And Then There Were None (March 2020)



I really plan to read this on the second half of March but due to the lockdown / quarantine, I was eaten up by by anxiety and never read a book for the rest of the month. I did watched a couple of TV series then spent the rest of the month comforting a friend and freaking out inside on what might happen next. March ended and wasn't able to read any book. 

Still trying my best even not participating on the book club discussion by committing on reading the book for the past month before moving to the next one. 

Mystery is not my genre on books but I love watching crime series but it is different on books because I usually read at night or when waiting in line or when I'm alone so there will be no distraction. Imagine reading this before sleeping, I know not the right thing to do. 

When I'm 30% into it, I can't stop flipping the pages to be honest. 

Then due to the quarantine and social distancing, there is now a line before going inside the grocery store and I'm so hyped that I will still be able to read while waiting, I read 20% of it. Not bad.


I also just need to stop before the last chapter just because I was so hyped up on what will be the ending of it.

Will I recommend it? Yes. 

This is my review on good reads;
Mystery is not my genre of book but I love crime shows. Its hard to figure out the start of it but I get the hang of it. Read a little bit of spoiler just to make me interested on finishing it but then I questioned the spoiler that I read, dismissed the idea and go on. I had to stop before the last chapter just to think about it but go on. I was convinced that it end with Vera but then, a manuscript on who knows how long before someone found it.



“Ten little Indian boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Indian boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight little Indian boys traveling in Devon;
One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
Seven little Indian boys chopping up sticks;
One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Six little Indian boys playing with a hive;
A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five little Indian boys going in for law;”
“One got in Chancery and then there were four.
Four little Indian boys going out to sea;
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.
Three little Indian boys walking in the Zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.
Two little Indian boys sitting in the sun;
One got frizzled up and then there was one.
One little Indian boy left all alone;
He went and hanged himself and then there were none.”

And Then There Were None | Agatha  Christie



No comments:

Post a Comment