Saturday, December 21, 2019

Friday and the 13th

Ever since I got my mermaid scale in 2014, I already crave for another thigh tattoo but I was not sure on what to get. I’m confused on what to get and then I got something in my mind but I’m so not sure if its worth it. 2016 I got my cross which are known by few people. 

Fast forward to 2019 when I’m currently having 12 tattoos together with the last 5 that I got last December. I’m finally was able to add a thigh tattoo again. 

Ever since I was watching tattoos show in the states, and having the knowledge of the competition of tattoos here in the Philippines, I always wonder on what it feels like on having an on-the-spot tattoo where people are watching and all that. I’m not game to that but I’m just curious about it. I’m curious on artist when they ask on a post if who’s game to be a model for a tattoo that they want to do not particularly for a competition but also for their on benefit. 

If you ask me way back before if I will be game for such my answer will be no and that already changed. 

JT the tattoo artist of my brother as well as the one who is responsible for my last 5 tattoos posted on who are willing and available for a portrait tattoo and so many of his friends commented and I messaged him asking on what particularly his idea on this “portrait tattoo” I was so hesitant since when you say portrait for sure it will be a face of a person and I’m not really into that even when it comes to family. Portrait tattoos are not in my tattoo plans since I don’t want to regret that and I don’t like for it to look like shit years later. 

Weeks passed he wasn’t able to message me that I assumed that he was busy since he was posting some work until he messaged me weeks later. I saw his message and I didn’t open it, I was actually thinking of an excuse on why I don’t like to not until hours later one thing triggered the rebel in me that wanted to be reckless for a night. 

I asked him what’s on the table for this tattoo ideas, he was asking if I’m into anime or anything that will be under “portrait” category. I’m not into it I don’t even like having a face as a tattoo until he sent me bunch of photos and on of those was skull which is on my tattoo list for years.

Originally I wanted a skull and roses (I know, cliché). 

I’m not sure why I liked skull as a tattoo maybe because some of the artists/bands that I’ve been listening to have skulls on their merch or maybe my fascination about the series “Bones” or maybe it was because of the lyrics “I’m only human, I’ve got a skeleton in me”. Whatever it was, it’s not about the generic reason if you google the meaning behind a skull tattoo. 

So when I opened up to JT that skull-roses has been on my list, he showed me some ideas and he specifically say that he want to do something different than the normal skull-roses tandem and I get it its too common and as he explain what his idea on this skull-flower thing he specifically said that he wants a realism but he doesn’t like a skull tattoo that have a jaw (BOOM END OF THE STORY. LETS GET IT STARTED.) I showed him some sketch that I screenshot from Pinterest years ago, skull without jaws. The tattoo gods wanted this collab to happen. YES. 

I was there by 8PM. This whole collab discussion went for hours. We started by 11PM and I’m not so sure on what will happen or on what time we will finish. Reckless on a Friday night is the theme of the day. 

So the story behind the jaw was, basically when you see a skull tattoo it is always smiling. Weird that if you looked at it at any kind of skull it is scary and always smiling at you. Creepy. I also killed that idea when I saw jawless skull on Pinterest. 

Since I wanted it with a flower, he also suggested Peony (I ALSO LIKE PEONY!!!!!) maybe not this kind but still it’s peony!!!

He showed me this one picture where the skull grown another kind of flower inside it and that’s another idea for this. 

We are set.

As a person who respect artist of any kind I know that I should also listen to his idea and somehow suggest some things if I’m not into it that’s why it took so long before we started. I just made it clear that the main thing was a skull and a flower and I let him do the rest. Gave him the space on my thigh and I just let him do his thing. 





I almost cry on the process. 

I WANTED A 2019 TATTOO. 


MOSTLY. I NEEDED THAT.  


I’m sure some saw it already but I was wearing skirt for 2 weeks and I know people noticed (the skirt) but even I wasn’t dressing up nicely, fuck off I’m nursing a new tattoo. Haha

Today is December 10 (fully healed) and I haven’t posted about it unless people will stalk my Facebook profile but I haven’t told my friends about it, I’m not yet ready for the world to see it for now. Its not that I’m worried with their reaction or comment but I just want to keep this to myself for a little longer. Maybe I’ll be showing it off when people forget my 2-weeks-skirt-outfit or maybe when I’m just ready. 

My mom was as usual can’t get over it most especially when she saw that it was a skull. I was honestly having a little doubt if I did it right because I can’t get over with her reaction then privately I asked my nephew on what is the very quick reaction if people see skull and he said “death”. 

Maybe 2% of the reason was “death” but definitely there’s 98% different reason behind this and I can’t list it all. 

I agree to add up on this next time and obviously still far from over and I can’t wait but before finishing this up, I’m going to prioritize finishing my forearm and another wrist tattoo. 

Can’t wait.

Maybe I’m done with 2019 tattoo? Or not? Who knows. 


Btw. This took 4 hours (11PM - 3AM)

November 15 2019 - skull on a peony

No comments:

Post a Comment