Saturday, November 09, 2019

UAAP S82 . Basketball



Ahhh. Basketball, how I missed you. 

I’m a UAAP fan even I wasn’t in college yet last year (Season 81), I dare myself to not watch even a single game live. After 7 years of consistently watching, I didn’t watch live for last year. Fast forward to 2019 (Season 82) another year that I almost not able to watch a single game, I broke it yesterday I finally once again watched live. 

I’m on timehop for a year now and since I was in a different state of mind from last year, it once again reminded me on how basketball really helped me 8 years ago. It was a very crucial mid-year for me that I really want to write it all down before but I always refuse to write things out. Mid-year was a real struggle that I somehow missing the past more that even I do upload late (as always) on Facebook before, I was being reminded of the good ones. 

One major thing was watching basketball live. 

I was reminded on how it helped me cope. 

How basketball is a relaxing ambience to me. 

How basketball makes me feel safe. 

From not totally watching live last year, I’m slowly trying to go back to it but it doesn't mean that I will be watching every game of FEU. I just realized lately, that it was our most expensive months that I was thinking on why on earth I wasn’t able to save up before and these memories makes me realize that and I just laugh at the idea of it. 😅

After a rocky first round, a questionable losses, shitty schedule for this season and even hanging from the Final Four spot, I decided last minute to watch live. 

The traffic is horrible everywhere that before I can get to Araneta in an hour, maybe it will take 2 hours now and maybe 3-4 hours to MOA or worst who knows. I can still make time for weekday game but since they added a 10:30am and a 12:30pm this year, no thanks. Haha

Weekend games are somehow not in our favor and on weekends I chose to just locked up myself in the house than get out. 

I was so hesitant when we have a game in Ynares in Antipolo during the first round and since it didn’t permit me to watch too for some personal reason, I let it pass. 

Yesterday it was perfect, it wasn’t raining, it was Saturday and it was once again just in Antipolo that my travel time was just 30 minutes. 

If I can’t watch because of location and time schedule, somehow the basketball gods will make a way to bring basketball closer. Yay. 

Yesterday reminded me to be at the moment though it will never really be just like before if Brobabes weren’t there but as for my self, I needed that. 

I needed that break from the outside world and be surrounded with basketball noise. 

I missed that. 

It was so good to see some familiar faces from afar. 

It was so good to watch live and win. 😉

It wasn’t the same feels when being in Araneta or in MOA but I’m so proud on my baby steps on going back to the scene. Lets be honest that I somehow know how things work but if you are putting yourself in just watch-mode it was fun. 

I really needed that. 

And the tita and the introvert in me with this kind of traffic lately, I just choose to be at home and thankful that I don’t need to waste most of my time in traveling even the counter part is the most challenging. 

Who knows if I will be able to watch again before this season ends but if it fits my schedule then maybe I will even it will be in MOA. 

10.20.2019

unfortunately, we didn't win against UST (stepladder) but it was a good season of basketball. we may already know what will be the ending of this but, thankful for basketball :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment