Saturday, July 23, 2016

Book . Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn


NO SPOILER

I want to try a different genre to read since reality is being cruel and good at the same time that it is already as confusing as f. Love stories and some life related book is not my type lately and since most of my TV series are on break, I have some time to read up in between on listening to music.

Most of my favorite TV series are about crimes and I think I will like some mystery / thrillers on books too.

I'm aware that this book was released 10 years ago and this was the first book of Gillian Flynn and as a reader we should accept the differences of every author.

I like the book and the story and I already have a suspect while I was half on reading. It's just that Camille is super detailed on whatever that she is noticing that sometimes I think it shouldn't be mentioned already but yeah, I understand her situation.

I can relate to the small town issues but luckily I think I'm living in a town not as small as Wind Gap is, though sometimes it feels like it.

While on the middle of Camille's bubble thought and her self assessment, I was somehow again overthinking things on my own. Then I realized that I'm not Camille and that's how you know that you are reading a very good book when it can already affect you.

The last few chapters are page turner but I think the revelation should've been told for a few more chapters and maybe as detailed as what is Camille's comment on someone she knows in Wind Gap. The revelation chapters felt just like a huge epilogue, all of it and you know it is ending soon.

By the way, my guess was right.

I did enjoy it and yes, I do recommend this book for a first-time reader of a thriller / mystery just be open minded and be sure for it not to get on your own head.

On to the next: Dark Places



"How do you keep safe when your whole day is as wide and empty as the sky? Anything could happen." - Sharp Objects 


No comments:

Post a Comment