Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Random . Appreciation



Its not that everyday I will see a good old buddy that will remind me on how exactly I felt 2 1/2 years ago.

Easter Sunday and I just saw him with tears on his eyes, trying to be strong for his family and for himself. I asked why but he can't say it and I know once he start to speak up there will be tears and instead of asking more questions I just tap his arms as a sign of my sympathy. So sad to know that he lost his father.

I've been there and it will never be the same for him or for their family but I just remembered my dad when I heard the news and I touched my tattoo after. It help be through the whole moving-on process and it took years and I know there's still a little part of me that haven't moved on since then. I miss my dad every single day.

Once in a while I cry but most days, you have to be strong for the people around you.

If you haven't lost anyone in your life whether it’s by death or you just ended-a-relationship situation then I assumed you are still taking some people for granted.

Loosing some family members makes me appreciate the people around me because we will never know if today or tomorrow or the next, it will be their time or if you are going to end a long time relationship with your friend/best friend/boyfriend/girlfriend so before that day comes appreciate everyone around you. 

Appreciate their little effort, the little time they give you, their hard work it can be a small or a big one. No matter what be thankful.

Say 'thank you' or hug them and even a little gesture saying that you appreciate them today or the little things they do. There will be no result today but you will thank yourself later. 


"We each survive in our own way" - Dr. Temperance Brennan | Bones S09E11

No comments:

Post a Comment