Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Minimalist for 2 hours

October 20 2023 


My tattoo artist is celebrating his tattoo shop’s 15th year and for the month of October he put up some promo where at some point he is also challenging himself. 


He messaged me about it early this month and since my aunt is having a plan to get a tattoo, I inform her about the promo and she’s down with it. 


JT and I are exchanging messages about his promo and when my aunt was finally decided, I scheduled us and finalize the date. 


His promo was, 2 hours tattoo time for as many as you can minimalist design only for a minimum amount not included the plotting of design and the break time. 


My aunt a first timer got 5 tattoos in total. 


I don’t really have a plan yet but I will not just accompany my aunt and watch when I can definitely max the 2 hours promo. 


Planning my tattoo are really one of the distraction that I have from this reality.

I don’t plan my tattoo overnight unless I thought of it for months also the placement 


I don’t really like the minimalist idea but availing this promo can cross half of my tattoo list, to be honest also I need to feel some pain to know I’m alive. 


So I got a lot and to be honest you can look at it and just think that probably there’s no reason behind it all but maybe only one person or two can know the real meaning without me explaining it. I also got 2 text tattoo that is literally so obvious why 


I’m thinking of not oversharing it in here this time because I just want to preserve the moment and the real meaning behind it but I can share the simple version of it or not. Lol


  • Feathers 
  • Sea shell - I love the beach.  
  • Hourglass - Paramore song “Running Out of Time”
  • Paw print - for my doggies 
  • Pizza - I just love pizza
  • Star - for Karlo (been wanting one for him because “star is blind”) also my 3rd star tattoo
  • Heart - I just realized that this is also my 3rd heart tattoo 
  • Mini skull and a rose 
  • Brainstorm
  • Ice Cream - the album cover of Crybaby by Tegan and Sara
  • “This Is Why” - Paramore album
  • “Be brave” - FEU (I’ve been planning to get a FEU related tattoo ever since. I planned on the year where we will be a champion on men’s basketball but then I wasn’t able to be there inside MOA Arena the day we crowned as champions in 2015. I got a new reason now, October 2023 when we beat Ateneo in the 1st and 2nd round of UAAP S86. Lol)


My time reached 1 hour and 40 minutes of tattoo time. 


I can do 2 hours but I honestly ran out of design at that certain moment but a day after, ideas are coming in again. Well, I still have a lot to be honest but as I search for them I just think of how cliche some of the things I wanted so I really have to think about it. 


So far this session cover the years that I didn’t have any tattoo and I dedicate this session to 2013 and 2017. Haha


I can do 4 hours tattoo time with my skull and snake but minimal ones are different really. 


In 2018, I did 5 in one sitting this year I did 13-16 depends on how you will count a 4 paw print, 2 feathers, and the 5 words. Lol


I’m really against of it becoming patches but it is what it is now and I can do another theme on my right arm. 


Treat yourself and get some tattoos. - 10.24.2023



 

No comments:

Post a Comment