Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Hair Dye-ary . 8th Year

For the past years, I haven’t really update my hair dye-ary link. I just get used to having hair dye and a continuous post about it will be boring but one thing I’m sure of, I came a long way back from when I started bleaching my hair in 2012. 


I forgot what made me decide to do hair dye but for sure it was boredom. Lol


I checked and my last post about hair dye was in 2017. That was 3 years ago and I lost track on how many changes happened during that 3 years but I got pictures somewhere on the hard drive and on my Tumblr. 


Why am I writing again about this after 3 years with being consistent on hair dye because this year it’s a little bit of a big deal. 


For the past years, an event or going somewhere to travel or even just the UAAP season are sign to dye or to change color but this year was pretty much what we all didn’t expect. 


The last dye that I did I think was December 2019, I badly wanted to do red so I did it with GDY’s Rock Lobster. Then I just let it fade then right before quarantine I was still able to bleach my roots. That’s it the next bleaching happened last month (September 2020) and I never had the courage to dye my hair crazy colors because everything is just too much at the moment. 


I just give myself a trim which was very useful during lockdown that I do my haircut for years now. Oh and I finally decided to do an undercut since June 2020 and my mom is maintaining the trims when I feel that it’s already long or when it is already on it’s awkward stage. I wish I did it a long time ago!


Back to the dye and my reasons, quarantine went fine I guess but when it was already ber-months and we’re still like this, I know that I don’t have to wait for some major event just to go back with dyeing. Time and day are still moving so fast that the pandemic can’t even take them down. Same with the other things that are cancelled, I'm slowly trying to plan things little by little just because we will never know. 


Why wait for some major event in a pandemic world might as well do it now. 


October 31, 2012 started it all and it’s been 8 years now and as a preparation to my 8th year anniversary, I decided that I should just do it even without events or travel. 


Bleached my hair last month then ordered some hair dye since I realized I don’t have much dye anymore and I really wanted to do green since I miss it already as much as I miss the UAAP season. I’m doing green before end of the month and maybe go with red again for December. 


When I decided that I should go back with dyeing, I honestly realized that I’m somehow incomplete for the past months of not doing it. Maybe it will brighten my vibe as well. 


This is taking a little much preparation since I already started with my leftovers, a light pink and yellow then a little bit of hair care when it fades then it’s green time. I can’t wait. 


I’m also going to try a new brand called iroiro. I’ve been using Manic Panic for years and was able to try Arctic Fox as well. I’m thinking of buying from GDY but international orders are a little bit of a risk as of the moment but I found a Kowabunga on Rainbow Head that is on hand and on sale. Surprisingly it was the first formula of Kowabunga which is no big deal to me since I still have the first formula of Riot!, Rock Lobster and Steal my Sunshine. I was somehow preserving them but I’m going to use them after going green. Let’s do this. 


And I lost count on how many times I already did bleach my hair and last weekend was the last for sure. 







No comments:

Post a Comment