Friday, May 17, 2024

ALL TIME LOW FOREVER IN MANILA 2024

 


When this was announced, I knew I have to be there since I already missed the 2022 concert because it didn’t fit my schedule that time and I can’t afford to go on both Billie Eilish and All Time Low because Billie Eilish happened on a Saturday and All Time Low on Monday. I prioritized Billie Eilish that time since I’ve seen All Time Low couple of times already. Good thing too that I didn’t have ticket for the All Time Low since after Billie Eilish I got sick not COVID but I blame it to the hassle of commuting to MOA and back to hometown and also the weather. 


I don’t want to miss them this time even without a meet and greet I just want to be there and luckily it will be on Araneta too the same venue for their first ever concert here in Manila back in 2011. 


Unlike my preparedness from previous concert, this time I didn’t search on setlist maybe because we are the only 3rd stop in Southeast Asia that there are no leaked setlist not until they played in Kuala Lumpur early that week. The only preparedness I did was played their whole discography that week without expecting anything too. 


Few days before I also played Straight to DVD ii and every single time I played All Time Low, I always end up playing Remembering Sunday countless times. Of course on the Straight to DVD ii it was Cassadee Pope who sang Remembering Sunday and it’s honestly my favorite. Ever since 2011 when I first saw them and ever before that I wanted Cassadee to sing that bridge on Remembering Sunday. 


I was busy days before the concert and since it will be in Araneta I asked Gem if she wants to stay that weekend at QC so we can hang that weekend. 


We meet early and had late lunch then did grocery for the weekend. 


I headed to Araneta by 7PM already straight inside because it will start in a few minutes. As usual I’m alone in this but I know that some of my friends are on different section of the venue. I’ve been watching concerts alone since forever anyways. Lol I always tried to be on side so it will be closer to the stage but since I heard Jim’s advice to try the section behind the sound tech booth I decided to get the section right in front of the stage but not on the pit. I don’t have much energy for the pit and I don’t want to gamble with my height. Haha 


Got to the venue asked the security on where’s my seat so I will not have problems to be on the wrong one. I was seated between dudes the one on my left are two people that are together and the one on my right probably was alone too. I’m not good on having conversation even we are there for one reason only. I went there for the boys and not for anybody else though its okay if you tried to talk to me just don’t be an asshole. Haha 


They started at exactly at 8PM and just right when they started I stand up and never again sit. While all the dudes on my section are all seated for most of the show and I’m like WHAT THE FUCK. Hahaha They did stand for some popular ones but mostly they are seated like watching a fucking movie. Haha - I don’t want to be judged as I said that but my apologies if you can’t stand for so long but WHY for all people who can stand. Why pay for such amount of money and just sit there. Lol you can get the cheaper ticket if that’s the case. Sorry but not really. 


Back to the show - I honestly don’t memorize song title but I usually know the lyrics but sometimes, I also get the wrong words too! 


While listening to Straight to DVD ii and checking the setlist in Kuala Lumpur some songs didn’t change I’m not sure with the other previous concerts but All Time Low got so many songs that I wish they changed some of it for the live since it’s been a while. Don’t get me wrong I love all of it but somehow they need to change it already. 


Overall it was a good night and for most concert I’m always looking forward to the slow songs or the acoustic and I knew that it will be “Missing You” and “Therapy”. I still have the video of “Therapy” from 2017 on my phone. I’m so ready for “Therapy” but then Alex said that it wasn’t planned to play this then started the intro of “Remembering Sunday” and I was like FUCK NO :(


I started to tear up just on the intro of it I don’t know why until now but maybe because I didn’t expected to hear that live once again. Mid song, my tears are on my cheeks and I have no one beside me. Huhu I’m not sure if the people beside me noticed that I had to wipe my tears. I uploaded on my Youtube Remembering Sunday from 2011 and I’m planning to upload again the one from 2024 if I got time. Lol 


That was the highlight of that night. 


Until now I don’t know why Somewhere in Neverland is a big hit. Everyone was chanting “Neverland” and Alex sang the chorus of it. 


After Remembering Sunday, I want everyone to chant “Therapy” but that will be too much for all of us but what if chant it after Remembering Sunday will there any chance for them to play it? It will be a treat if ever. They chant it though but not the perfect time for Alex to notice. 


I was already thinking that this will be the last time I will be seeing All Time Low but who am I kidding they do drop by once in a while why would I stop? 


Finally after so long, I think I do have an All Time Low tattoo idea already but still going back and forth between my choices. 


Hopefully next time I will still be able to meet them. 



My Photographs: All Time Low

No comments:

Post a Comment