Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Palawan 2022 . May 24 (Day 2)

Woke up at 4am because we are leaving for El Nido. 


We arrived before 10am. 


I tried to stay awake during the drive but at times I still sleep. 


My first trip to El Nido was in 2014 and the last was in 2015. Both trip, I didn’t much appreciate the whole ride since it was always gloomy. This time was so different the sun was up even though the weather app says different as I checked a week ago. The road to El Nido those years was still bumpy since they are still doing road repairs and now, even with some aftermath of the recent typhoon it’s way better than in 2015. 


Honestly, I still don’t know what is the plan for this trip. Lol


My early trip to El Nido was always fast that I didn’t appreciate the town proper and as always, it was never sunny when I went there. You will not really appreciate to walk around because it is  always raining. 


I did remember where we ate lunch before and now that I was able to experience walking in El Nido, I slowly remembered some. It did have changes through the years but just few minutes later, it became so familiar. 


We ate brunch at a restaurant didn’t got the name. Then the girls wanted some gelato which was on the other side of the street where restaurant that we are in. It was maybe a 5 minute walk around town and it was so hot that day. I can complain on how hot it was but I tell you, it is way better than my last trips to El Nido and I’m thankful that it didn’t rain. Some says that it was always raining the past few days. 


Just going with the flow that I realized late that we will be staying in an island. As we wait we all reminisce how much that place changed. Still remember that wreck shipped that used to be in the middle and the water in that side of town is much clearer now than before. 


Our boat will be leaving by 1:30pm and upon waiting we saw a turtle swimming nearby. 


I think it was a 30 minute boat ride to the island where we will be staying for 2 nights. 


Boat ride will make you sleepy but I’m always and will be in the middle of witnessing all of it with eyes open or sleeping and I will always choose to open my eyes. I don’t regularly see this scene on a daily basis that it still feels unreal that I think that the whole scenery looks like a wallpaper from google. I had to sneak without my sunglasses to see the real deal and once again I’m appreciating my decision to had lasik.





We checked in and went to our room and the island doesn’t have electricity in the morning but who need that if it we are in an island and the beach is in front of you. 


After settling in we went out they changed to their swimming attire. While I’m ready whenever to jump in since I was already wearing some swimming clothes. A way to save a space in the bag. 


We don’t have anything to do other than eat, relax, swim and fortunately there’s a kayak and some googles for snorkeling. 


Since we already ate in town, after settling we didn’t rest and we did go straight swimming. We are 7 in total and apart from us and the owner of the island there is just another guest and we are just basically the guests in the island. 


I never tried snorkeling and diving but as I know how to swim without accessories, I’m not used on breathing just through my mouth. I get used to it the next day though. 

 

-


I wonder how I will be doing my workout while on vacation but my exercise ring was closed during the ride to El Nido and since we do walk and move a lot I was able to close my rings right after we arrived in the island. I charged my Apple Watch while we decide to swim that afternoon and I’m hesitant to wear it while at the beach. We left our phones behind so there’s no major photos that afternoon. So hesitant to use our phones even it is water resistant. 


On one side of the island there’s a little area where there’s a sand and they decided to go there via kayak but Gem don’t like to kayak so we decided to tag along on one kayak while we swim and wearing life vests. 


I never thought of swimming in a deep water since I’m over thinker but we did it and I was able to swim then cramps. Lol. 


Not sure if we still swim going back or we rode the kayak already, I think we did the kayak. 


When we got back we are somehow done with the beach since we are all up early that day. The electricity is already on since it is almost sunset. 





After taking a bath brought my RX100 out and I started to regret not bringing the GoPro. I was so busy before leaving that im not sure if it still work and upon my return after the vacation, I tried to charge it and it is still working. REGRET. I was so hesitant to bring out the RX100 just because I don’t want the sand to get through it. If it is only possible, I love to take pictures again with the Canon 600D because it is so beautiful in there. 


It wasn’t that dark yet at 6pm so after we took a bath, we took some pictures outside and we saw a monitor lizard so quickly then minutes later there’s a monkey drinking a coconut juice while the coconut is still attached to the tree. Nature, amazed me and I concluded that this island is still healthy. Nature never failed to amazed me at times that I just can’t believe I’m seeing it with my own eyes. Im stunned with nature nonstop and pictures doesn’t even give the right justice to it. 


The girls love the camera and they started to take some photos while we wait for our dinner. 


The original plan was to do some island hopping but we end up on deciding to just stay in the island. At some point we want to do it but with kids it is a little more challenging and we somehow did that already before and staying in our own island was much better. We can also do kayak and snorkeling and it will be less tiring compare to a whole day island hopping. 





Dinner was so good and the fruits especially those mangoes. We were so full but then they said we should drink for the night and I never thought when was the last time I drank beer but I had 1 bottle. I finished my 1 bottle and I think I’m the only one who finished the beer. There was a Tuko on the other room and while that was being taken care off, the girls stayed with us. Right after they left we already dozed off before 9:30pm. 


The signal in our room is weak so there’s no other thing to do actually. 




Stayed at: Kudugman Beach Cottages


My Photographs: El Nido 



No comments:

Post a Comment