Tuesday, November 22, 2022

LANY - a november to remember 2022

November 11 2022 

 


It was around May when the Asia tour dates was announced and as I don’t want to regret not attending a LANY show again just like what happened when they did 2 nights in 2018 and 3 nights in 2019, I knew that I will go on this one even just for one night. I regret not going to those shows during lockdown.   


3 nights was the original schedule as they close the tour but then due to the demand they added 2 more nights in Manila.


I chose November 11, Friday as I thought that it perfectly fit on my schedule. Little did I know that I will be super busy catching up on work load the rest of the weekend. 


The day before November 11, tickets are on sale again after announcing that the 5 nights are sold out. I was tempted to buy another ticket probably for the last night but I decided not to do it. It was a conflict on my schedule too.


I arrived at MOA by 3pm and I just decided to roam around IKEA since to all the times I watched a UAAP game and even that Billie Eilish concert, I never been inside IKEA. It was a success visit since there are few people than the usual weekend crowd. 


Upon going to MOA Arena, I was surprised that still at 7pm there are people still lining up outside knowing that the show will probably start by 8pm. Everything started a little bit late than usual, I think the soundcheck started late because when we were inside MOA Arena the doors to the arena itself was still closed. I decided to eat dinner first then waited a little more after before they let people inside. 


I knew that they will start by 9pm but they started almost at 915pm.



I researched on what is the setlist which I usually do when I go to concert. One reason is that I don’t want to heartbroken if I don’t hear my personal favorites live just because it is not really included ever since. After knowing the setlist, I will make it as a playlist to play it days before the show. 


Thanks to the now changing wallpaper of iPhone, I made the setlist as a wallpaper that night so I know what will be the next song and if I wanted to take a video of that. 


The show was okay and the crowd is just okay too. Lol 


I became a fan of LANY because M sent me that ILYSB live in LA years ago and I was instantly a fan since. One huge reason is that when I know that the artist can sing so good for live, acoustic and for LANY it was always the stripped version, I knew that they are that good and the original or the released are good as well. I’m aware of the attention that was given to them since then and I will say that they really do deserve all the attention that they are getting now.


I’m just not a fan that will spend another night to see them and be that kind of tired traveling back and forth to MOA once again. Unless someone will treat me for that last night who am I to turn it down. Lol 


Though my dream show of LANY will be a stripped version of their songs (which happened tonight at the vivo event .. huhu). I don’t care of I will just cry while listening to those stripped version of their songs. They did that too at The Wiltern when they had an online concert via Veeps last May 2021. 



I’m aware that there are different kind of fans, I’ve been to tons of concert for my life and this time I was seated on a wrong side of the arena. I regret not going to patron but I guess that kind of fan are everywhere that night. That fan who just know specific songs mostly the recent released and just the popular ones. Not much fan who really danced all through out. Some are just there to be serenaded when their partner is seated beside them. How come they spend much on ticket when they are just going to act like that they are just watching a movie. 


I know. I know but please be at the moment and enjoy the show.


Overall, I always do enjoyed even when I’m just alone watching concerts. 


It was worth it to see LANY and if even they will be visiting your cities and if you are a fan, just see them live. This will be published probably a week after their last show here in Manila but I hope that if you really wanted to do it then just see them even you are deciding at the very last minute. 


So happy and proud of how far they come since then. 


Hope that they will never change. 



I never know that I will have tears during Malibu Nights but when Paul forgot the lyrics, I laughed a little! Malibu Nights made me cried buckets in 2018.


I want to experienced a stripped version of most songs especially ILYSB but somehow ending a night with the upbeat version of it makes me realize that we are either still on that happy relationship, maybe you are broke up with the last one and you are already in your new one, maybe we already moved on from the last or even we are still on the process of moving on. 


There was this viral post before this concert who was selling one more ticket or both just because they broke up with their partner and didn’t make it to the day of the concert. That’s sad of course but you can still enjoy a concert alone by dancing or singing your heart out and even cry but I understand if it still fresh from a breakup. We all have our own coping mechanism anyway.   


Though whatever is the status of your relationship where you can relate to a LANY song, you can still enjoy these songs and be at the moment celebrating the happy, sad and whatever feeling you had for the moment live with the band. It was all about music at the first place anyway. 


That night was somehow a huge move for me too because I knew that I’m past a certain level of moving on, maybe a closure to a chapter.


LANY / Les, Jake and Paul Jason Klein makes us fall in love and somehow desire for a perfect relationship and that deserve to be celebrated on a LANY show whether you are happy, sad or even broken hearted lets just dance with those feelings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment