Wednesday, September 07, 2022

The Maine Back in Manila 2022


I’m going to be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the band but I’ve been listening to the band for a decade now. I’ve seen them first when they opened for All Time Low back in 2015.


That’s one reason why I was in doubt if I will attend their concert but as the “SG idea” from Billie Eilish didn’t push through, I decided last minute to watch The Maine. Unfortunately, when I purchased the ticket, Platinum section was already sold out.


I know Sky Dome in SM North is small so I don’t really mind being anywhere as long as I will be able to watch it.


I’m so anxious because north is a place that I’m not used to but I’m somewhat familiar with it so I still pursue it. Lol


If only I knew early that there will still be available Platinum tickets on the site, I would just purchase there right away. My friends lined up at 6am just to be on the barricade and I don’t plan to be on barricade but maybe if only I got Platinum tickets, I was able to join them or at least see them after.


Since I purchased last minute and I don’t really plan to go, I DIDN’T KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE A MEET AND GREET AFTER THE SHOW. I just knew it few minutes before the show! Cool cool cool. 


I was just reading some reminders posted by Pulp on Twitter a day before and even just earlier that day! I never did this kind of last minute thing (or maybe I already did) and knowing that it is also happening to a place that I’m not familiar with.


I dropped by Megamall to redeem my ticket and then took the MRT to the North Ave. Station. I exited on the wrong side of Trinoma and that took me to walk on the side road but it’s okay since it wasn’t raining. I arrived at SM North 3PM. I don’t want to make some commotion on the line that’s why I didn’t check up on my friends who are in line since 6am that day. Instead I roam around SM North to be somewhat be familiar to the place. I was lost at first but I somehow get used to the place.


I ate dinner at Tokyo Tokyo since there are vacant seats despite of too much people in the mall. Took my time to charge my phone and watch while eating and waiting. I really don’t plan to line up since I originally plan to just watch from afar. I lined up a bit when the last line of the Gold section was already near the entrance. Upon entering, the guard point us to the other side since there are few people in there. I got to the barricade of the Gold section.


~


The show opened by Written by the Stars they are good but please, when you are opening for another band locally or international just know the band name as a respect. The vocalist said, “are you ready for the band called Maine”.


The Maine took the stage at 8pm and played until 9:30pm.


During the first song people pull out their phones and started to take a video or photo but then John said and he kept repeating it the whole show “phone’s away”! I think that’s one reason why I also got only a few videos and maybe some of the people in there as well. It got few along the whole concert but good thing he is against phones. Haha it was not a good site at the back as well and I know it is not a good site as well when you are on stage and people are not jumping and enjoying the present moment. I still got 7 videos though.


It’s hard to expect some of my favorite songs since they got a lot. They played 18 songs plus 1 for Into Your Arms which was requested on the spot.


They even let Lance play Run on guitar since he was holding a sign asking for it and some other fans at front to sing some part of it and to some other songs too. 


It was so fun to be honest, one of the best


I’m putting The Maine on my must-see-live list after that night


~


I really didn’t understand before when some show in the US will be called an intimate or just a small venue and this time I experienced that with The Maine, I loved it. Makes me compare it to an arena show and something like this, I prefer small venues now. Lol but with most international artist, it is very impossible to do it in here. 


The incomparable feeling to be in such small venue with a band


Good thing the crowd was not really pushing each other and that’s one reason why you know that you are in a good crowd as well.


Ugh. I still regret not seeing All Time Low last month. Huhu


Good thing I will not regret this one.


I’m still battling with PCD with Billie and now The Maine.


It was my first time meeting the band and I wasn’t able to say anything other than just “thank you” while fist bumping all of them.


Who say you can’t enjoy a concert being alone? I’ve been watching concert alone for years now. Lol


Unlike when it was Billie’s I almost cried prior to her entrance but this one makes me so hype and excited.


Concerts are back!!!


Next, Avril? 


We’ll see if ever there will still be available tickets

 

No comments:

Post a Comment