Monday, March 07, 2016

Double Check

When I discovered how to use Ebay late last year and when I already know how usually we can get an international package, I ordered not too much but I already bought several items from all over the place and I was never asked to pay more than 100PHP ($2.30) on the post office until the arrival of my Canon 24mm where I was charged 1,135PHP ($26).




The box says it all, its a Canon 24mm lens and I was surprised that it was already on different box sealed with a PHL POST tape not an international box when this came from Korea. I want to compare it with a used Dr. Martens that I bought from UK (which I haven't blog about) that is literally much heavier/bigger and a little bit more expensive than this lens but I was never taxed more than 100PHP. 

I'm not against on charging me more than 100PHP but it's also a bit funny and annoying at the same time most especially if I already received a huge box than this. Maybe because it's Canon but dang it the Dr. Martens (Bethan) cost more than this lens. Haha. Even it was already used but still, used docs usually have bigger value. 

I don't know on how they compute taxes and all but if it's because of the price then it's reasonable but if you will just depend on the box itself or even on the country where it is from, then they should have some reality check. 


Dr Martens (Bethan)


For now, I'm really done shopping because it's time to save up.

No comments:

Post a Comment