Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Book . Room

Room by Emma Donoghue


I read Room in 2012 that was the first and the last time I read the book and 2015, its already a movie. I never knew that they will make this a movie not until I saw on iTunes months before the release date. 

Room is one of the first book that I tried to read other than Mitch Albom that time because I was hooked on his books and now I'm not even reading his latest release. This is also one of the best books out there and I remember having all the feelings that I felt while reading and waiting for the next thing to happen. You can't just stop to flip the page. 

I'm not going to spoil some other than the book/movie description that you can read somewhere here on the interwebs. 

My comment/reaction: books will always be better than the movie adaptation

I already read the book so I already knew what will happen but I never re-read the book before watching the movie. While on the latter part of the movie, I'm almost confused if those are the exact situation on the book. Of course, its different. I browse the latter part of the book and confirm there are a lot of changes even with the names and others. 

I can't blame the author or the movie production that they can't do the same thing that's on the book. That's not possible anyway because when we read, we create another world that will just be understandable by ourself. I never imagined that Room is just that small, it was a little bit bigger on my head. 

As cliche as it is, Read the book first then watch the movie or read the book and never see the movie. lol

That's for me but seriously, there are a lot more happening on the book than the movie. Its even super detailed on the words that was originally written by the authors and as a reader we know how this writing process is no joke. 

Reading will take you away from reality for a while then you will be able to create a whole new world together with the characters. Watching is different, yes the feelings and the message was there but it was just like giving you a test with the answers on the other sheet of paper. 

One reason why I haven't watch "Gone Girl" and "The Great Gatsby" because I want to read it first. Like any other book turned into movie, there will be always changes but the mystery is still hidden on those pages. 

Sure I also watch a movie first sometimes but I discovered that the true story are written on those pages.

Anyway, just like "If I Stay" and "The Fault In Our Stars", "Room" should be read first before the movie. Its an awesome read so try it before watching if possible.

~

Room also got a very positive feedback from all over the place and people will surely be intrigued, so here's the trailer



Congratulations to the whole team for the awards and to Brie Larson for getting tons of Best Actress awards!


"It's called mind over matter. If we don't mind, it doesn't matter" - Room | Emma Donoghue



No comments:

Post a Comment