Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Driving Diary 101


0200 11.22.13 - I'm pretty nervous and excited for the 0900 lecture before actual driving. So YAY! I'll be documenting my 5 days experience with driving school.

There are reasons why I want to learn how to drive and I may not have my own car but I somehow hate it when I'm depending on our driver if I have to go to a certain place to meet friends or watch a basketball game or a concert. It doesn't mean I don't want to take public transportation anymore as far as I enjoy it, I don't want to be useless when there's only one person who can drive when he/she also need some rest for an 8 or so hours of driving. And I love the fact that I can also call a driver to take me around or when all you need to do is go down the car and enter the mall without thinking on where to park or whatever. And if there will be some emergency hangout or what somewhere, I don't need to wait for the driver. That's my reason or maybe a few from the whole box but I'm pretty stoked for it. Hopefully a 2 hours for 4 days will be the best. Day 1 of actual driving will be on the 26th.

~
   
1200 11.22.13 - I'm sitting here at BonChon in Metro East. The orientation was good. And my order just arrived.



And I'm pretty hungry right now. I just ate 2 bread earlier before I left the house. So going back to the orientation, I wasn't late, the instructor was cool beans and his name just remind me of Gem instantly and the very first Ping I know. (Hi Ping!) Haha. I'm just going to pick up my Tegan and Sara ticket for Monday then I'll go home but maybe I can roam around for a while.

~

0141 . 112713 - My day 1 of actual driving is done well, technically it covers 2 days already since I enrolled to 2 hours per day for 8 hours. I'll be finishing by Friday. Dang I got "more practice" grade and remarks. That's what I get when I studied the hardest (manual because automatic is easy) naks. Haha but my muscles are buzzed! Hopefully later will be a good one and I hope I remember what Sir Mark taught me. Hahaha! Nervous but excited so let's do the rest 3 days kicking and they also masters of patience so I know they don't have the right to get angry. Haha! I need some one-on-one with the clutch and I need to put my multi-tasking skills on my foot work and hands while driving. I can do this. See y'all around.

~

0137 . 112813 - Whew! I survived parking and maneuvering but I got 'more practice' grade. Haha (its not that I'm laughing out loud but I find it funny ok). There are only 2 hours for it what more if I only have an hour I don't think I can be better that fast and I'm not practicing in an actual mode when I got home (I have stuff to do too!). So far this week I can't see a free day for me but I'll find a way and I'll ask our driver to tag along hopefully next week. I don't want this learning process go to waste but I'll be grateful if I'll drive an automatic longer than manual! Haha! But I'm thankful that even I have a love and hate relationship with the pedals most especially the clutch, I'm learning the techniques that I need to know with parking, turning, and most especially learning the manual transmission. Later will be my 3rd day, hopefully I'll improve with my foot work (aaaarrrrggghhh!). Night! :* 

~

0054 11.29.13 - What the! We just went to a place where it is perfect to capture a perfect sunset! I love that place now. (Thanks Sir Mark!) Haha. I'll be forever  a huge fan of sunset and the sky itself. We studied, hanging and defensive driving and if I'm going to grade my self it will be 'Not Bad!'. Hahaha! Bias! I know the huge world of the word "process" and "practice" so I'm not a bummer who will be defeated when I get a 'more practice' grade. Tomorrow will be my last day, hopefully it will be Sir Mark (please!!!!) because, I don't want to adjust on my last day using another car! Huhuhu.  
Busy day ahead. Night :*

~

0148 11.30.13 - My last day was yesterday! We went to C6 (no big deal) hahaha! Because we were talking about the road the other day and I mentioned C6 (I think I know different ways just to get where you want because of our drivers! and of course seating in front is a bonus and I think he was curious about C6. HAHAHA) and when we were leaving the town he said we will go to C6! Haha. If I got all the afternoon time we'll probably went to Tagaytay (my favorite place and Sir Mark suggested that! Hahaha). I'm also thankful that Sir Mark was my instructor for my last day. Good thing I didn't had a different instructor and a car to handle. I still got 'more practice' grade but I know I improved but I also agree with that grade. Haha. But I will practice my parking and other stuff so I'll know it perfectly.

Thank you Sir Mark!!!

No regrets on learning the manual and I'm not hating it now. Hehe.

Next step license. 

I'll treasure this experience and thank you to my grandma for changing her mind.
I'll miss driving around in the morning .......


See you around. :*  

~~~

1045 01.08.14 - I've been here in LTO for 2 hours now and its a little terrifying waiting for your name to be called. I just had my picture and now another waiting game. Probably, one or so hours to go but its okay this day is really allotted for this.

While waiting, the best thing to do is observe the other people who you don't usually interact with. I don't know if I can finish like before 2pm so I can still go to my dentist or else I'll do that tomorrow.

Its been a while since I observe people. Its a little refreshing and terrifying because I still have this fear of people staring and silently judging but I'm over coming that (baby steps). I drove last night roaming around our village and hopefully later again.

Driving is fun but as to what I learn during my seminars, you should be aware and be careful from the people around you because it doesn't matter if you are a good driver there are a lot of reckless drivers in this place who never learn from the different news on tv or on papers.

Geez the waiting game in here is insane.

After this I'll get my refund and my savings will be good again or not. Hehe

I don't want to be cut during lunch break..... But looks like I'm going to be cut by lunch time.  
Its lunch time and we're waiting for the written exam room to be cleared. I hope they will not cut it anytime soon. I'm starving and I'm the only girl in here.  

So when I was about to take the written exam, there we're so many boys and as I'm being friendly/good person, I told the guy who was seated to my right that we need to write our names on the 2 attendance sheet and he wasn't listening he even ask the instructor again and he wasn't even a gentleman to pass the other sheet on me instead he passed it in front when he was aware that I haven't write on the 2nd attendance. What a douche bag. I'll admit, the day before I get my license I check the reviewer posted online and everything I read was in there and well, I took up the defensive seminar as the last part of the driving school requirement and we reviewed there and I still remember what was discussed. I think we were 20 in the room and he was called maybe on the first 10 and I was called 2nd or 3rd to the last and when we were answering the exam I'm proud to say that I know my answers are correct and I finished first between me and the douche bag and I can say by the way he was acting that he was having a hard time with it and I'm proud to say that he was trying to look at my paper. Don't mess with a psych graduate who watch crime series and applies what she learned from it. Hahaha ;)

And yes, I got my license.

Now what to drive?


"Good ideas are hard to let go" Not That Kind of Girl | Siobhan Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment